Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Just wanted to share with you all the difference between the Warn low height grill guard and the mopar grill guard. The mopar one being the smaller one

WARN Grille Guard Tube 102355

Mopar 82215351 Jeep Wrangler Grille and Winch Guard

I also took a picture of how the Warn guard looks through the trail cam
59BBC141-D93C-4909-B347-E62DEB100967.jpeg

FED8A1E1-AC64-4A36-8C90-B60442647A30.jpeg

Wow man this is super helpful! Thank you!
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Does anyone happen to have a good picture and dimension for the gap between the warn low bar and the bumper top hooks? Since the warn is a bit wider than the mopar, it gets close to those hooks

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Warn mid....
Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard 919B2894-5B6D-4E09-8168-D95BE3FC659F_1_201_a

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
You're going to need a synthetic or metal shackle to still use the stock recovery points with the Warn...there isn't enough clearance between hook and hoop to drop a recovery line over it.

I'm running the Warn Low hoop and can tuck both 6" Rigid 360s on the bumper's bolts under the hoop with clearance for both the hoop and access to the winch lever. Looks clean and doesn't horribly obstruct the trail cam.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Thanks for those pics. Looks like not even a decent size tow strap could fit through there. Almost have to use a steel or soft shackle to feed into the hook as Mayhem mentioned.

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
This thread was helpful. Just ordered the Mopar grille guard.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
This thread was helpful. Just ordered the Mopar grille guard.
I'm torn. I like the larger size/clearance of the warn low, but don't want to sacrifice the bumper hooks usability.

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm torn. I like the larger size/clearance of the warn low, but don't want to sacrifice the bumper hooks usability.
Pick the one that best meets your needs. If you change your mind down the road, there is a pretty good marketplace on the forum!

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I think I might bite the bullet and get the American Trail Products skinny bumper hoop. Looks like it uses the same bolt pattern as the Mopar one which preserves the hooks, but a little higher like the Warn.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I think I might bite the bullet and get the American Trail Products skinny bumper hoop. Looks like it uses the same bolt pattern as the Mopar one which preserves the hooks, but a little higher like the Warn.
I do like that one, but the tubing is only 1-3/4" instead of 2" like the warn and mopar, could have slight fitment issues with brackets since I'm sure a lot of aftermarket will design around the factory offering

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have the warn low. I can get a tow strap through by threading it. Right now, I have my winch hook on the bumper hook, and there's no binding to get it on/off by releasing the catch. Point being I can rotate the winch hook around the bumper hook as needed.

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Bringing this old thread back to life hoping some of you are still watching it. I am also struggling with the hoop vs. trail cam issue. It seems to me that the greatest value of the trail cam is to see what is right up in front of the Jeep. Mine will still have a clear windshield I can look out of to see things further away. So, if the hoop is higher, it looks like it will block the portion of the trail cam that shows the area well ahead of the Jeep that I can already see out the windshield. If it is lower, it might block the area just in front of the bumper where I might need the trail cam to see something. For those of you with both a hoop and the camera and some real world experience, where is the "best" place to have the hoop? Higher or lower?

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There's already good info in the thread comparing the Warn and Mopar grille guards, but I just wanted to share my experience. I ordered a Mopar guard last week that arrived with some damage, so I returned it (Amazon) and just got a refund. It was packed in several layers of bubble wrap and inside an undamaged box, so I know the vendor must have seen the scratches and missing paint and just boxed it up anyway. Based on the lightweight construction for an already pricey part ($210), I decided to try the Warn low winch guard.

Ordered the Warn from Quadratec earlier this week ($165) and it arrived today. Nice hefty feel to it (and no scratches!). I like the fact that it has three fasteners rather than just two, so it seems more secure. I did manage to strip one of the fasteners (Part No. 68355472AA) and picked up some spares today at a local Jeep dealer. I'm pleased with the look of the Warn and the fact that I can now mount driving lights on the bumper below the guard.

Here are photos of the damaged Mopar piece and then sitting (uninstalled) on the bumper. Third shot is the Warn low grille guard.

Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard IMG_4590.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard IMG_4595.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Warn compared to Mopar Grill Guard IMG_4609

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm struggling with trying to decide on this right now. Really great information. I'm trying to decide if the Warn hoop has enough clearance for my Baja LP6 Pros under it, or go with the Mopar grille guard and mount them on top. Looks vs retention of trail cam useability.

So here's a question, has anyone tried something like the higher Warn hoop, lights under it, and relocating the trail cam to just under the hoop itself? or out front somewhere? The wheel markers probably won't be in alignment anymore but the camera would be much more useful. I don't know how often I'll use the trail cam so I may just cover it up. Shame to pay for it and not use it.
Sponsored