First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Twice I've had the top back and the rain started. Apparently the water resistant radio gets wet and tends to not work all that well on the 8.4" screen. The first time the station wouldn't change on the touch screen until a few hours later. The second time none of the touch screen worked. Luckily it fixed itself.
I have a question that I probably already know the answer to. The first time I decide to leave the front tops off last night after taking the kids for ice cream it rained!!! I double and triple checked the weather last
night. Pissed! Will it hurt anything? Mainly fronts seats and center console.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
These are made to handle rain for a certain amount of time. Should be no harm. Just dry things off well and let it air out. U aren't the only one this happened to.

itsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom, 2009 MB SLK 55

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone purchased these? Feel like for 15 bones it might be worth a try...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313201653772
That design will most likely create extra wind noise, not sure if it's worth it.

The JK had a similar issue, there was one company call truckmaster Designs who made a drip rail. I got one that was never installed by another owner but I never installed it.
Jeep Gladiator Water and Profanity 928671B8-25F1-4A11-88B9-0D5E00D8830E

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
That design will most likely create extra wind noise, not sure if it's worth it.

The JK had a similar issue, there was one company call truckmaster Designs who made a drip rail. I got one that was never installed by another owner but I never installed it.
I’d buy one of those!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reasons (there were others) that the drip rail design was done away with years ago on other cars and trucks was wind noise (and mpg of course, like that was a huge hit). Noise was a big deal, plus other construction and assembly methods.
Originally it was not only a "drip rail" but was also the pinch or spot weld point for the roof to join other panels and pillars.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Those are an interesting idea. I did what I always do when looking at anything sold on Amazon - I look to see if the seller has answered questions, look for "instructions", complete descriptions and so on. I enjoyed finding this for those items - apparently, they went to my old school for English classes -

Color:short
DIY item --- Easy to install.
Pls use alcohol or agent to clean the position of the installation (to make sure it without the grease.Wax or dust etc.)
Pls ensure the position of installation can be completely fit the case before install, (Note: if there any questions or misfit, please contact us)
Rive the strong double-sided adhesive of the back, if meet the case of a relatively low temperature, please heating it via the hair dryer or lighter.
According to the comparison stick up it and press about 1-2 minutes (Note:do not wash your car in 24 hours, the adhesive should be fixed after 12 hours )
The installation has been completed.

heat it with a lighter? Hmmmm.........
Granted, I'm a great one to talk about grammar, spelling, sentence structure, the proper use of English, but I still have fun with these.

Anywho - these look like a possible solution. And for that price, not a lot to lose to try and have them not work out. If they do work out, you have a cheap solution to getting wet in your truck.

Sponsored

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
A dab of duct seal - it stays but is easily removed leaving no residue.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Works great!