William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get the problem, I don't melt. The Jeep is designed to get wet. You are going to get wet getting out of any vehicle. We don't get enough rain to make it a big problem.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get the problem, I don't melt. The Jeep is designed to get wet. You are going to get wet getting out of any vehicle. We don't get enough rain to make it a big problem.
these are almost essential in Pacific North West where our winter is rain, rain, rain, and did I mention Rain, lol...…… I'm thinking of getting the ebay/ amazon ones that are only a small piece at the top of the pillar, looks promising.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Questions -
don't you get wet getting into the truck when it's raining?
Do you not get wet when you get out of the truck?

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
these are almost essential in Pacific North West where our winter is rain, rain, rain, and did I mention Rain, lol...…… I'm thinking of getting the ebay/ amazon ones that are only a small piece at the top of the pillar, looks promising.
I will give you that one. You live in the only rainforest in the US. When I was out there, went to Multnomah falls and was amazed at how the forest just dripped moss and how green it was.

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I will give you that one. You live in the only rainforest in the US. When I was out there, went to Multnomah falls and was amazed at how the forest just dripped moss and how green it was.
I'm actually on Vancouver Island Canada, but exactly the same weather as PNW

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
The problem IMO is once the water lands on the floor it manages to get under the floor mat, soaks into the carpet, the floorboard gets damp and in a few years the paint fails then in a few more years it rusts out. I find the carpet is water resistant enough to keep the water in but not water proof enough to keep it out.

In my jeeps during the winter I pull up the floormat and open the windows every time I park it to try to minimize this but honestly the carpet never really ever dries out, so then I started pulling up part of the carpet too and propping it up. Last few years I’ve gone carpet-less and that helps.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually on Vancouver Island Canada, but exactly the same weather as PNW
Even more of a rainforest. What a beautiful spot to live if you love forests and towering trees. I live right next to our States forests and a National forest in Indiana. My daughter-in-law came out from Utah and was amazed at the trees, she would be blown away by yours.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
The problem IMO is once the water lands on the floor it manages to get under the floor mat, soaks into the carpet, the floorboard gets damp and in a few years the paint fails then in a few more years it rusts out. I find the carpet is water resistant enough to keep the water in but not water proof enough to keep it out.

In my jeeps during the winter I pull up the floormat and open the windows every time I park it to try to minimize this but honestly the carpet never really ever dries out, so then I started pulling up part of the carpet too and propping it up. Last few years I’ve gone carpet-less and that helps.
If you have the mats, why not pull the carpet, it does noting other than some insulation and pull the drain plug in the floor so it all goes out, or pull the plugs and leave the carpet, water should go mostly in the mat.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Even more of a rainforest. What a beautiful spot to live if you love forests and towering trees. I live right next to our States forests and a National forest in Indiana. My daughter-in-law came out from Utah and was amazed at the trees, she would be blown away by yours.
there is one tree near my house that is over 30m (100f) tall

Sponsored

Jar Jar Insano

First Name
Jarek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Grand Cherokee
So had the JT out in really the first big rainstorm its been in since we have been in just hot and dry for the past months. I forgot to warn my passenger that upon opening the door forum members have said a flood would pour into the JT. Well opened the door and was quickly trying to get out when the flood came. It poured all over them. Man the cursing that went on after that about who the bleep designs a door to do that, etc, etc. I on the other hand remembered it and opened my door but didn't rush to get out I just let the water pour into the waterproof mats and moved my leg (LOL).

I have a feeling they are not going to be riding with me anymore if there is a chance of rain
i really hope they sort this sooner rather than later. rain is one problem but imagine snow melting on the roof in the winter on a sunny day, then freezing because it pools in the channels and then causes damage.

Dan1227

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport
So had the JT out in really the first big rainstorm its been in since we have been in just hot and dry for the past months. I forgot to warn my passenger that upon opening the door forum members have said a flood would pour into the JT. Well opened the door and was quickly trying to get out when the flood came. It poured all over them. Man the cursing that went on after that about who the bleep designs a door to do that, etc, etc. I on the other hand remembered it and opened my door but didn't rush to get out I just let the water pour into the waterproof mats and moved my leg (LOL).

I have a feeling they are not going to be riding with me anymore if there is a chance of rain
Has anybody considered drilling small holes i honestly don't know the importance of the channels so please let me know

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
man, in Virginia, this has been the rainiest year I can remember. Didn’t have to water the yard or garden once!
Worst rainy year for South Carolina as well. Noticing how moldy and algae everything looks buildings included. Kind of sucky if you ask me.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
not sure how yours doesn’t do this. Either you haven’t been out when it’s been raining enough or you are parking on an off angle surface. My garage is completely level and it evenly comes in both doors, right on the mat, not on the sil.
I just open the door quickly, it drains outside.