hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow Pkg
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
This is pretty cool. One of the cities that not many people visit in Mexico but should.

Cool stuff!

Eric
Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
We'll be going live tonight at 7:30PM Central Time to update on our global overland journey and answer questions. We are wrapping up Mexico soon and heading into Central America.

We invite you to join us this evening! ~ Eric + Brittany + Caspian Highland | Hourless Life

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
The Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico is incredible! We have been here just shy of 2 weeks and have been to cenotes 3 times already! The entrance to each cenote is unique and a bit perilous. The method of getting out to the cenotes themselves is an adventure in and of itself!

This week we share a trip out to the cenotes so you can get a first person perspective on what you experience on a trip like this. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hope you enjoy! ~ Eric

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
The Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico is incredible! We have been here just shy of 2 weeks and have been to cenotes 3 times already! The entrance to each cenote is unique and a bit perilous. The method of getting out to the cenotes themselves is an adventure in and of itself!

This week we share a trip out to the cenotes so you can get a first person perspective on what you experience on a trip like this. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hope you enjoy! ~ Eric
Eric, I just found this thread and your social media accounts last week and was able to sit down with the wife to look at your youtube channel. As a prior Vet myself Im super excited to follow along as you and your family take on this incrediable journey! Watching your family and you go through this has s started to open my eyes about how the world is. Like many, I am only told through the news media on how scary the world is! I look forward to seeing you prove that wrong. Safe Travels my friend and cant wait to see what is just around the Bend!

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Eric, I just found this thread and your social media accounts last week and was able to sit down with the wife to look at your youtube channel. As a prior Vet myself Im super excited to follow along as you and your family take on this incrediable journey! Watching your family and you go through this has s started to open my eyes about how the world is. Like many, I am only told through the news media on how scary the world is! I look forward to seeing you prove that wrong. Safe Travels my friend and cant wait to see what is just around the Bend!
Hey Marc (and family)!

So great to e-meet you guys and thank you Marc for your service. Glad you found us and were able to take a look at our channel. We've been having an incredible time down here and in just a few days we'll be headed into the Mexican Riviera before crossing into Belize near the end of the month.

I'm really glad that our videos are starting to open your eyes to how the world really is and the possibility of making a trip outside your comfort zone. Appreciate the well wishes on our journey and if I can ever be a resource for you please don't hesitate to reach out. ~ Eric

Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
If you've been looking for a small portable power station for your overlanding travels, this is a great little unit. I cover the pros and cons in this video and am happy to answer any questions.

#portablepowerstation #overlanding #hourlesslife

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
No grocery store, no gas station, but this sleepy little Mexican beach town is still paradise to some.
We drove our Jeep Gladiator down here to El Cuyo, Mexico.
Is this your kind of place? Would you consider this paradise?

#hourlesslife #overlanding #mexico

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to find this thread by you and family.
Questions you have probably already answered. What is the average weekly/ monthly cost occurrence aka fuel maintenance, insurances, food (can be subjective) and communication aka cell/sat. phone internet. I know from past experiences outside USA cell phones can and normally lower cost. My cell phones I had in SWA cost me about $45 and less than $20 a month for call time that was 2008-9 though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to find this thread by you and family.
Questions you have probably already answered. What is the average weekly/ monthly cost occurrence aka fuel maintenance, insurances, food (can be subjective) and communication aka cell/sat. phone internet. I know from past experiences outside USA cell phones can and normally lower cost. My cell phones I had in SWA cost me about $45 and less than $20 a month for call time that was 2008-9 though.
Hi Darrell, glad you found us too. So your question is really not answerable for the type of travel we are doing. Each country is going to be different because of the exchange rates. We do release a monthly expense report as one of our Patreon perks that shows down to the penny what we spend each month which as we continue around the world is a pretty interesting read. Having said that our daily budget in Mexico over the past few months on average has been $103. Remember this is for a family of 3 and it has been much higher than what it would normally cost us because we have opted for some Airbnbs to visit with family while we were in Mexico. Without the airbnbs in Guanajuato, Puebla, and Merida, which are factored into that average and the cost of plane tickets for a family member that is also included in that, it would have been MUCH much less. Two nights ago we were on the beach in the Gulf of Mexico wild camping and that cost us nothing but the fuel to get there and a few groceries. Hope that is helpful! ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
We did it! We made it into Central America. This is a special milestone for us.

And this video is the story of our border crossing into Belize.

Happy to field any questions.

~ Eric

Sponsored

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
@HourlessLife Eric I just watched your video of you and the family crossing into Belize. What a process but glad it all work well for you guys. As I spoke to you before about my opinions on Mexico and your adventure into Central/South America and your videos proving me wrong. Its not anything like what you see on main stream media! But I do have one question about your trip that I am hoping you and Brittany can help with, not that you owe any one an answer. So I am sure that when planning this adventure you looked at every angle but my question is about Caspian. I would assume you guys are home schooling him and plus he will gain a lot more of an education especially in the Geography portion of his travel but what about his life experiences? He will meet lots of people along the way but will never build that life long friend, play sports, have a romantic relationship, etc. I ask this because as a father of 7 I see all levels of growing up with my kids and their daily lives. I was just curious especially when you guys have stated this could be up to a 15 year journey. Again you owe no one an answer but I was curious. I cant wait to see you next video and have a time of your life!

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
We are in Southern Belize! While here we drove to the southernmost point we could possibly drive in Belize (Punta Gorda) and visited a Mayan Chocolate Farm where a family who has been producing chocolate the traditional way for generations showed us how they did it.

Also shared about a little...tiny...problem we had with our rig.

Hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, as always don't hesitate to ask. ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
@HourlessLife Eric I just watched your video of you and the family crossing into Belize. What a process but glad it all work well for you guys. As I spoke to you before about my opinions on Mexico and your adventure into Central/South America and your videos proving me wrong. Its not anything like what you see on main stream media! But I do have one question about your trip that I am hoping you and Brittany can help with, not that you owe any one an answer. So I am sure that when planning this adventure you looked at every angle but my question is about Caspian. I would assume you guys are home schooling him and plus he will gain a lot more of an education especially in the Geography portion of his travel but what about his life experiences? He will meet lots of people along the way but will never build that life long friend, play sports, have a romantic relationship, etc. I ask this because as a father of 7 I see all levels of growing up with my kids and their daily lives. I was just curious especially when you guys have stated this could be up to a 15 year journey. Again you owe no one an answer but I was curious. I cant wait to see you next video and have a time of your life!
No worries Marc. We get asked this question a lot. I have 4 older kids who were raised more "traditionally" and Caspian who is getting the world tour.

Since we get asked this question so frequently we have an article that discusses our parenting philosophy. Take a gander. After reading it, let me know if you have any follow up questions. I'm an open book brother. ~ Eric

https://hourlesslife.com/parenting-philosophy/

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
A hand-cranked ferry took our Jeep Gladiator across a river to some ancient Mayan ruins in Belize in this next installment of our global overland journey.

Hope you enjoy. Let us know if any questions come up. ~ Eric
#hourlesslife #overlanding #Belize

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Our overlanding journey around the world continues. We are in Antigua, Guatemala now and we got here in time for Semana Santa (Holy Week) and what they do here is incredible! There are rugs made out of sawdust that massive processionals walk over and destroy. This UNESCO World Heritage City does not disappoint. We hope you enjoy the journey with us.

Happy to field any questions about overlading down here or Antigua. Let me know! ~ Eric
Sponsored