Sponsored

We are trying to make the most user-friendly JT tube door…

DakotaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just Put down my “deposit”. These look great! A bit more expensive than the amazon doors, but appear to be way better. Hope you sell the sh*t out of these!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys,Wrangler JK,Polaris RZR 1000
Occupation
PM
1000096980.jpg
1000096981.jpg
1000096982.jpg
1000096983.jpg

Cspence

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTM
Occupation
Engineer
Progress looks great!! Seems like we're getting close!!

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
I've assembled nearly 100 hinges these days, and I'm glad we made the right decision to pre-install hinges for all tube doors.
Customers should spend their time enjoying JT and tube door with family instead of fussy installation.

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
1000097070.jpg
1000097069.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
1715930482110-8z.jpg
1715930471423-2r.jpg

GWolgamott

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Person sitting in the office under the stairs, behind the bathrooms... dispensing unreliable advice based on questionable numbers
I have a set so do not need any, but if I did seeing the start to finish process and the price I'd be buying these. Love the padding that is my biggest complaint on the warn ones I do have I'm always banging my knee and my elbow on them. Great job! If still around by the time I get a new jeep I'd be looking at these.

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
We have been busy recently with quality inspection and packaging. The first batch of 30 sets will be shipped by sea soon, and the remaining 29 sets will be sent out next week.
1715953062206-2i.jpg
1715953067720-en.jpg

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
I have a set so do not need any, but if I did seeing the start to finish process and the price I'd be buying these. Love the padding that is my biggest complaint on the warn ones I do have I'm always banging my knee and my elbow on them. Great job! If still around by the time I get a new jeep I'd be looking at these.
Thank you, I am glad that someone will compare our products with Mopar and Warn, which is exactly our goal.
The SD1 isn't a perfect product either (obviously it can't be), but I was happy as I loaded the box into the van today.
I am very confident that we can compete with brands from all over the world through this, so please feel free to compare us with other brands.
For those members who bought our tube door, I also hope that you can honestly share the advantages and disadvantages of SD1 with everyone, and do not show mercy to us, I will read them carefully one by one.
We just want to explore how to make better products with everyone, instead of creating conflicts between sellers and customers.

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Just seen this post today, I like the way you take the customers opinion into consideration, the construction looks solid and seems like you have a good process for quality control. The fact you thought about user experience and included a tool kit and installed the hinges already is a step above most.

I wish more companies, regardless of location, (but I wish US based businesses) would take a lesson from this production style. Some companies do, but many are quantity over quality etc. I like seeing this approach and appreciate it.

With that said, there are quite a few companies on here that do listen to the customer, the Jeep community is awesome, but my above paragraph is geared towards most companies in many areas.

I have been in the market for tube doors but have not yet settled on a set. I will get a front set only, as I have a platform in the rear with no seats, so really no point in having rear tube doors.

I will be following this product and looking forward to the comparison. I tend to do a lot of research and want to see what works best for me before I buy a product, so far I like what I see, and good luck hope this is a success.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Just seen this post today, I like the way you take the customers opinion into consideration, the construction looks solid and seems like you have a good process for quality control. The fact you thought about user experience and included a tool kit and installed the hinges already is a step above most.

I wish more companies, regardless of location, (but I wish US based businesses) would take a lesson from this production style. Some companies do, but many are quantity over quality etc. I like seeing this approach and appreciate it.

With that said, there are quite a few companies on here that do listen to the customer, the Jeep community is awesome, but my above paragraph is geared towards most companies in many areas.

I have been in the market for tube doors but have not yet settled on a set. I will get a front set only, as I have a platform in the rear with no seats, so really no point in having rear tube doors.

I will be following this product and looking forward to the comparison. I tend to do a lot of research and want to see what works best for me before I buy a product, so far I like what I see, and good luck hope this is a success.
Thank you. I think brands that are willing to open forum accounts and communicate with users will be the mainstream in the future. Since big companies like Jeep are posting here to ask for your opinions. Why do we still think we understand our customers’ needs better than they do? (Although I see many people just keep shouting that they want v8 LOL)
Now that the global economy is in recession, we are all paying more attention to how much money we spend and what we get, and everyone is becoming sober.
So I think the chances of trying to make huge profits through high brand premiums will become smaller and smaller, and all products should be returned to the price and quality they deserve.
Regardless of whether you decide to choose us in the end, I am happy to provide you with the details you want to know and what to pay attention to when installing Tube door.
If I were a consumer I would definitely make a horizontal comparison table. (We actually did it during R&D)
But I'm speaking as an EF owner, so I can't publish this. I'd love to see someone comparing our products to others.

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
These are electrophoretic-only tube door, not sure if the photos show the difference, it looks bright black, But they don't actually have any real paint.
These tube door paints needs customer DIY before use.
All PU, accessories, etc. are the same as matte black.
1000097252.jpg
1000097250.jpg
1000097248.jpg

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
The tube door on my hand is matte black, the others are electrophoresis only
1716261767725-at.png

OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Just remembered something, as you can see on our ytb/ins, we have been testing our SD1 like crazy to find as many potential problems as possible before shipping.
We did find a problem with our bump stop rubber being too soft, and after multiple hard openings and closings (we used it frequently for about two months). The rubber tip has begun to break, and in severe cases, the screws inside are exposed, especially on the front door.
I mentioned earlier that we used a bumpstop that was too small and too hard, which caused the frame to dent when the door was closed hard, but we didn't consider the rubber hardness issue when we changed to a larger bumpstop.
I think any product will have problems, and we don't have to hide it for fear of losing orders. We have been trying to look at the SD1 from the customer's perspective.
We are already looking for more durable bumpstops, and now each set of front/rear doors will come with four extra bumpstops for replacement (including doors that are already in transit).
If your bumpstop is damaged and you have used up all the spare bumpstops, please contact me to provide you with a new bumpstop. If you encounter any other problems during use, please contact me as well.
In case anyone doesn't know what part I'm talking about, I put up a picture of the new bumpstop and tomorrow I'll post what our bumpstop looks like now.
1716992614161-qc.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Exceed Fabrication

Exceed Fabrication

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
exceedfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PM
Just remembered something, as you can see on our ytb/ins, we have been testing our SD1 like crazy to find as many potential problems as possible before shipping.
We did find a problem with our bump stop rubber being too soft, and after multiple hard openings and closings (we used it frequently for about two months). The rubber tip has begun to break, and in severe cases, the screws inside are exposed, especially on the front door.
I mentioned earlier that we used a bumpstop that was too small and too hard, which caused the frame to dent when the door was closed hard, but we didn't consider the rubber hardness issue when we changed to a larger bumpstop.
I think any product will have problems, and we don't have to hide it for fear of losing orders. We have been trying to look at the SD1 from the customer's perspective.
We are already looking for more durable bumpstops, and now each set of front/rear doors will come with two extra bumpstops for replacement (including doors that are already in transit).
If your bumpstop is damaged and you have used up all the spare bumpstops, please contact me to provide you with a new bumpstop. If you encounter any other problems during use, please contact me as well.
In case anyone doesn't know what part I'm talking about, I put up a picture of the new bumpstop and tomorrow I'll post what our bumpstop looks like now.
1716992614161-qc.png
For those customers who have not been to JGF recently, I will send them an email explaining this.
Sponsored