Sponsored

Weather Report! Show me your exterior temp gauge?!

c4nuck

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Engineer
I hit remote start from my warm hotel room and fired right up!

Everything worked great on the cold drive, thank god I got the heated seats & wheel! HVAC kept up great with the defrosting and heating, I was wearing a tshirt inside.

One thing I noticed is the floor got pretty damn cold, my feet were getting cold through my boots towards the end of the day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I hit remote start from my warm hotel room and fired right up!

Everything worked great on the cold drive, thank god I got the heated seats & wheel! HVAC kept up great with the defrosting and heating, I was wearing a tshirt inside.

One thing I noticed is the floor got pretty damn cold, my feet were getting cold through my boots towards the end of the day.
Agree - nuclear seat heaters and the steering wheel are a must have especially as I get older. Haven't had the issue with cold seeping up through the floor as I usually direct heat to the floor and the windshield in cold weather. Also - I have a 6MT so my remote start is my daughter - she is 14 and can't wait to learn to drive the stick 😁

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bump - how is the weather today where you are? -18F at the garage door for me this morning but I didn't get a picture. Will try to get one this afternoon if things warm up - we may even get above 0!

Sponsored

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I took this yesterday. It got down to 1℉ this morning.
Jeep Gladiator Weather Report!  Show me your exterior temp gauge?! 63510872650__02156ECB-A4C9-49C7-97CF-2D0458C5BE1F

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
This morning. I live near San Antonio TX.

Jeep Gladiator Weather Report!  Show me your exterior temp gauge?! 63510872650__02156ECB-A4C9-49C7-97CF-2D0458C5BE1F

That is a whole bunch of snow for San Antonio, northern snow people my laugh, they don't understand we don't have enough equipment or experience to handle this crap, they can have their long snowy winters. Any temperature less than 55° F is too cold for me.

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is a whole bunch of snow for San Antonio, northern snow people my laugh, they don't understand we don't have enough equipment or experience to handle this crap, they can have their long snowy winters. Any temperature less than 55° F is too cold for me.
I understand - but snow is basically loose wet mud (sort of not really but close enough) and you sir are PREPARED because you have your rockin JT!
I took this yesterday. It got down to 1℉ this morning.
I think the snow highlights your firecracker red nicely...

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I understand - but snow is basically loose wet mud (sort of not really but close enough) and you sir are PREPARED because you have your rockin JT!

I think the snow highlights your firecracker red nicely...
Before the snow was laid down we got a bunch of ice underneath it, then it slightly melted and froze again. I prefer to drive in my wrangler that in my truck because the wrangler is a smaller wheel base.

FBD67DFD-51BC-41CC-92F5-83E9D4E5B118.jpeg

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

The main problem with driving in areas that are under equipped to handle the rare unusual amount snow are all the small cars high centered in the deep ruts blocking all the main intersections. I've learned to take alternate routes while driving my caple JT in these conditions. Oh, you just have to love the Ford Mustangs (and other similar vehicles) stuck on a level slick road with 1/2" or less of snow and ice.

Jeep Gladiator Weather Report!  Show me your exterior temp gauge?! upload_2021-2-15_23-51-9

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I was pretty cold today :rock:

Jeep Gladiator Weather Report!  Show me your exterior temp gauge?! IMG_5068.JPG

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
The main problem with driving in areas that are under equipped to handle the rare unusual amount snow are all the small cars high centered in the deep ruts blocking all the main intersections. I've learned to take alternate routes while driving my caple JT in these conditions. Oh, you just have to love the Ford Mustangs (and other similar vehicles) stuck on a level slick road with 1/2" or less of snow and ice.

I thought Priuses would be FWD.??

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Why does that front wheel drive Prius have chains on the rear "axle"? Am I missing something here?
Sponsored