Sponsored

What’s this Warning Light?

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
The warning light is that you received an undercover Honda pilot as your truck covered up with the skins of a gladiator.
So long sucka!
Sponsored

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
That is a fault indicator for the start/stop system.
Yes, and also the first indicator that there may be misfires and soon the CEL with come on. What is your build date?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Not to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope it’s not this... but look for threads on the auto start/stop system warning light. It’s a known issue with the Gladiator. Mine was giving a misfire code; P0300 I think. Take a look on the forum. There have been a handful of threads.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
We had the exact same thing with the wife's Chrysler Pacifica also the 3.6… it was the secondary battery... ours went bad in less than a year... its a small motorcycle sized battery... They go dead if you only make short strips because they don't start charging until your main battery is fully charged, it took a couple hour roadtrip before it charged the main and the secondary with the replacement battery...

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My .02 on the subjects at hand. Light is the ESS warning light driven by low voltage in the small battery. ESS doesn't respond to the outside temperature, it DOES however stay inactivated until the vehicle gets up to normal operating temperature. I'm a 5K guy on 1st oil change, but my dealer recommends 7500, full synthetic oil. I'll see him at 5K. And I recently discovered that the ESS activation is also determined by the amount of pressure applied to the brake. Hard pressure = instant activation, very light pressure = no activation.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Check that your battery terminal connections are tight.....

bcd offroad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I’ve have this light come on a couple times recently,... I got my gladiator in October, and I have only 1800 miles on it.. obviously not my daily driver, so I guess it makes sense that it is a 2nd battery not getting a full charge...
Sponsored