Sponsored

What do you use your rear power for?

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
Thansk. I'm considering either the 500X or the 1000. The 1000 could double as home emergency power for the refrigerator in the event of a long power failure too. I think the 1000 will still fit inside the bed, along with a Dometic.. I have 17.5" of space between the bed bottom and the bottom of my Ace Upper Decker.

I get a discount on some member sites for being active duty military with Goal Zero, which makes it a little more affordable too.
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
You don't want the 1000. If you want larger wait for a 1000X. The non-X lithiums have an issue where the DC voltage is not regulated and you will have issues powering the Dometic.

They have a separate cord you have to buy to fix the issue on the 1000. https://www.goalzero.com/shop/yeti-accessories/yeti-lithium-12v-regulated-cable/?bvstate=pg:2/ct:q

The fix is built into the 500X.
Thanks - I'm not in a hurry, so I will wait for the 1000X when it comes out. Appreciate the info.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Planning on lowering my ARB elements, hopefully it’ll work just fine. If not, backup solution 1 is a Goal Zero, and backup option 2 is a second battery setup. Both options 1 and 2 would be supplemented by solar.
Sponsored