First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
.... I'd buy Z-Autos extender too. That way you only have to remove the trim piece once.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

I plugged in about 30 times last year. Remove steering wheel lower trim, install bypass cable, do stuff, remove bypass cable, reinstall trim. Eventually broke clips.

With the above, you just install it and leave it there. You still have to install the bypass when you want to do things, but the cables are right there stuffed neatly under the trim - no more ganking your hand up to the SGW.
I know this is an old post but can you walk me through using the extension cable. Does the programming cable hook to it instead of the original cables tgat were removed from the connector?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old post but can you walk me through using the extension cable. Does the programming cable hook to it instead of the original cables tgat were removed from the connector?
No. You still connect the bypass cable to the cable ends you unplug from the security gateway.
You connect the extension cables into the gateway - it then extends the security gateway connections down so you can more easily plug the cables back in again instead if clear up to the gateway.
You still connect the bypass cable to the cables you unplug from the gateway - or from the extension cables.
All the extension cables do is extend the security gateway connections down for you.

Mikemjr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
No. You still connect the bypass cable to the cable ends you unplug from the security gateway.
You connect the extension cables into the gateway - it then extends the security gateway connections down so you can more easily plug the cables back in again instead if clear up to the gateway.
You still connect the bypass cable to the cables you unplug from the gateway - or from the extension cables.
All the extension cables do is extend the security gateway connections down for you.
I was over thinking it I believe. Thank you

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
One thing I wish I could do with JSCAN, would be to enable the Blindspit warning sound when my doors are off.

Currently, the truck completely disable BSM when the doors are off—understandably, the side mirror visual warning won’t work with the mirrors removed, but I would think the lack of mirrors would make the need for the BSM system to stay active (with its audio alert) more apparent.

I just like blindspot monitoring and always have the audio alert on anyway.
Sponsored