Sponsored

What exhaust upgrade did you go with? Cool one from MBRP...

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear you have a drone. I also have the MBRP and have not noticed any drone but will try and pay more attention. Let us know what MBRP tells you about how to fix the issue. I sure hope you don't have to swap it out.
Did you get the Stainless Steel version?
Sponsored

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Sorry to hear you have a drone. I also have the MBRP and have not noticed any drone but will try and pay more attention. Let us know what MBRP tells you about how to fix the issue. I sure hope you don't have to swap it out.
Did you get the Stainless Steel version?

Yes it is the Stainless Steel "PRO" model. I love the kit. It is just at those cruising RPMs I get an elevated drone in the cab. If I back off the throttle it goes away but generally...your on the gas because you need to be. Best way to eliminate is to give it more gas and have it downshift which just takes the RPMs out of the drone range. I won't take it out. It sounds great otherwise. I'm just worried that the effected RPM range is where it will likely sit when cruising long distances on the highway.
I just spoke to MBRP. The woman I spoke to is going to speak with tech team and see if they can add a resonator or swap the muffler.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Okay, heard back from MBRP. There is no resonator option or different muffler. They said for me to try flipping the muffler around.
Any of you guys pay attention to the way yours installed? If I recall right it said for the louver openings to face forward. Anyone do anything differently? Sound like this will be what I try. Fortunately it should be a quick swap as I think I can just remove the small connection pipe in front of the muffler to flip it.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
I had a thought come to mind a question actually. How long have you had your muffler installed have you given it time to break in.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a thought come to mind a question actually. How long have you had your muffler installed have you given it time to break in.
Have about 700 miles on the exhaust. I'd figure it has broken in. I'm going to give it a little more time then I'll flip it.

Sponsored

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Well with 700 miles you should not have a drone if it’s broke in. Run it to the 1000 mile mark see what happens Maybe the pipe will provide a deeper tone too. You may just be too attentive to the tone at this point.
I don’t not have a drone on my gladiator with the MBRP and I have the stainless steel too

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well with 700 miles you should not have a drone if it’s broke in. Run it to the 1000 mile mark see what happens Maybe the pipe will provide a deeper tone too. You may just be too attentive to the tone at this point.
I don’t not have a drone on my gladiator with the MBRP and I have the stainless steel too

I agree about the too attentive part. It really isn't bad and may very well be normal. The funny thing is I had my wife in the truck and she said nothing so it may just be me...LOL. But in her favor I have to add she drives a Hemi Grand Cherokee with a Corsa exhaust on it.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Corsa touring w/ turndown tip. Unfortunately it's on backorder and per @Quadratec it should ship by the end of the month. It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Decided to spend some money so the FlowFX system will be delivered on Monday. Can’t wait to install it.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to report that I solved my drone. The factory clamp that is on the end of the y-pipe where the aftermarket exhaust attaches was a little loose. It wasn't obvious but after tightening it a bit it solved the issue. I guess it was just loose enough that under load it leaked and being right under the driver seat made it very noticeable.

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I smeared Never Seez on the clamp and bolt threads to get a good tight seal with the pipes at the taper joint.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Installed the Flowmaster FlowFX. Install was straightforward. Very happy with the sound. Startup just barely louder than stock, but when you accelerate you really hear it. Only went for a drive around the block but so far very happy. Tomorrow’s work commute I’ll get both highway and street driving and will report back.

Casreyn

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S max tow
Glad to report that I solved my drone. The factory clamp that is on the end of the y-pipe where the aftermarket exhaust attaches was a little loose. It wasn't obvious but after tightening it a bit it solved the issue. I guess it was just loose enough that under load it leaked and being right under the driver seat made it very noticeable.
I had to retighten this clamp after a day or two also... guess the heat loosens it a little..... glad you found your drone...

P2VNeptune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 67 M715
i just chopped the factory exhaust and put on a flow master series 40. then had a shop bend up some pipe and it dumps just after the rear axle. $125 total cost, its tucked up better than the stock exhaust and sounds good ( for a V6) ill work on getting photos soon

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I had a muffler shop remove the center 2 mufflers and install a Magnaflow.
Sponsored