Sponsored

What Insurance Rates and Loan APR % is everyone getting ?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
As some already said, it’s not possible to do an apples to apples comparison even if you list out your coverage, deductibles, etc.

That being said…I was shocked when the quote for my JTR ended up being less than my Subaru Outback 2.5 (has a ton of safety and driver assistance features).
Sponsored

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I haven't picked up my rig yet as it just came in but did look to see what the incentives are currently. Hopefully Gupton can do better on interest rates.

Screenshot_20220502-063513_Chrome.jpg

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Chrysler Capital had me at 3.9% when I bought last December; had to make 5 payments per the dealer's request (min amount for their kickback?) and just refi'd out of that last week with a local credit union. I had to use that financing originally in order to receive the manufacturer rebate at that time.

raidaisp

First Name
Stas Motor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Occupation
Artist
I bought my car in September 2019. The original loan was for 36 months, $726/month, at 3.85% APR. However, I managed to refinance it in November last year, and now it’s $620 at 2.75%. It’s way better than it was.
It was hard to get such a loan because my credit score was not the best. But, thanks to the research I made on Greedy Rates, I made a deal with LoanConnect and got some pretty good rates because I proved my high income. Most regular banks would not want to deal with me at all because of my score. You might also try getting good rates from Loans Canada if needed.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought at 0% for 72 months and will have it paid off in 36 or less.
Back when I used to be a sales rep / finance person, Saab used to run 0% deals often. I would often tell people that they should string it along the full 72 months.

Why not. Its free money. Yes, it feels good to pay it off fast. But if you instead invested or even saved what you would have put into the overpayment, you would be better off.

Or take the money and use it to pay down your mortgage faster. Especially if you have an ARM and its just indexed up.

But I also get the human factor. It feels good to not have a loan hanging over your head.

BigDKY

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Got my rate at 3.99 in June for 75 months. Already switched insurance from State Farm to Farmers saved $40 a month switching to Farmers $72 a month in this economy I will take it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Back when I used to be a sales rep / finance person, Saab used to run 0% deals often. I would often tell people that they should string it along the full 72 months.

Why not. Its free money. Yes, it feels good to pay it off fast. But if you instead invested or even saved what you would have put into the overpayment, you would be better off.

Or take the money and use it to pay down your mortgage faster. Especially if you have an ARM and its just indexed up.

But I also get the human factor. It feels good to not have a loan hanging over your head.
I bought our JD lawn tractor and all attachments on a 5 year 0% from JD credit and my wife wanted to pay it off and be done - I said it's free money, you get that because the state did matches when you worked for them.
So we went the full term.

But then you have to come up with that money every month and for some people that can be hard. To come up with 300, 400, 500 or more every month can be a challenge for some people.
So they prefer to get out from under it quickly and have that monthly payment freed up for something else.

You understand the psychology of it all - practical vs. what they want, having to make that payment, make sure there's money in the account, etc. - hey, pay it off and we can use the money that used to go that way for something else we want!

For me, now, it's messed up and mixed up because it's cheaper to pull money out of retirement and pay off a loan than to let the money sit in those accounts and LOSE, go negative.
3 years ago there's no way I'd have taken money out of retirement to pay something off, no way. Today, heck yes - that or lose 15% compared to the miniscule 3% interest on the loan. I'd rather pay off the 3 or 4% loan than take a 15% hit by letting the money sit in the retirement accounts.
I'm sure there's reasons to not do that, but........... I can't stand seeing month after month huge losses when I could use that money and save money.

Last edited:

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

I was looking to finance for 36-48 months max but the rates were ridiculous at 4-5.25%. 0% for 72 is free money but the goal was to finance for a much shorter term.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Chase showing me 60 months at 6% currently. When I got my JT in the spring of 2021, they offered 72 months at 1.9% lol.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
saved up. traded in 2017 bmw and paid rest in cash. no financing. insurance went way down going fro bmw m car to jt

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was 0% for 72 offered?
Yes - only available through Chrysler Capital and only on Overland models. This offer expired the last day in September and I bought the last day of September.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
saved up. traded in 2017 bmw and paid rest in cash. no financing. insurance went way down going fro bmw m car to jt
Same case with my wife - we traded her Mercedes GLC 300 on a 2022 Grand Cherokee and insurance went down tremendously.
Sponsored