Sponsored

What Insurance Rates and Loan APR % is everyone getting ?

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Tom is the guy I bought my extended warranty from. He has no competition. It wasn't even close.
He is, but with that said, my dealership matched his price. I think if you're dealership will match the price, ultimately you should buy from them. In my case Gupton.
Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
0% for 36 months through Chrysler.
Paid off my house a few months ago so it’s my new mortgage payment LOL
We went the 0% route as well. The only interest we pay is on our house and that is 2.5%. I hate giving away money.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
He is, but with that said, my dealership matched his price. I think if you're dealership will match the price, ultimately you should buy from them. In my case Gupton.
I left two messages over several months wanting extended warranty info and the guy never called me back. I still love my dealer’s sales and service but that guy dropped the ball.

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I left two messages over several months wanting extended warranty info and the guy never called me back. I still love my dealer’s sales and service but that guy dropped the ball.
Mostly they hammer it out during the sale.. but you should be able to ask your sales rep if they will match his price and I would hope they would get back to you. Good Luck !

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Bought November 2019,
Original loan was 80 months, 596$/month at 3.75%
Refinaced back in September this year, 60 months 520$/month at 2.75%

MD insurance costs suck, but I've got 100/100 deductibles, 300k property, 100k injury good for 20k miles a year for 132/month. This may even be higher than it should since my wife has an at fault accident in her car.

Also haven't hit that 25 Y/O rate drop because obviously even with no accidents I am magically a better driver at 25.
Damn I don’t miss that. I’m 36 and I pay less for 2 cars (21 Mojave and 19 Cruze) than you do for 1 car.

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Got a quote on my non-existent Gladiator from USAA---at least I have the VIN from order in Oct.

As you'll see I'm way over covered but I'm willing to pay for it for the peace of mind.

500 deductible for both Comprehensive and Collision. 20% over value of vehicle [no need for gap insurance and later should help cover added parts]. Body liability 300/500. Property liability 300. Under/Uninsured bodily injury 300/500. Medical payments for me & passengers 100,000 each. Also includes Towing & Labor, Rental truck, Accident Forgiveness, and death benefit.

6 month premium is $555 or $1110 Annually. MO rates

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
When I bought, you could choose 0% or $1,000 rebate (which, I argue, isn’t really 0% if it costs you $1k to get it). But the salesman accidentally gave me both. He tried to take it back but it was in writing. I financed about half the amount since it didn’t cost me anything.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly they hammer it out during the sale..
Well I guess that part of it was on me. I always respectfully refuse to buy add-ons like warranty, tire and wheel insurance, etc., at the point of sale. I also tell them I'll take it seriously and call them back at a later date if I feel like it's something I need.

It's okay - no harm done, except to them because they missed a sale. I ended up getting a great deal on a 7 year unlimited mile warranty. I don't believe my dealer would have matched it, but I would have gone with them if they had responded with something reasonably close. They're a small town dealership with good people overall, and I like doing business with them.

As a side note, MOPAR did contact me after a couple of months but I thought their options were way too expensive for what they were. That's when I took the advice of some here to call Tom.

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Well I guess that part of it was on me. I always respectfully refuse to buy add-ons like warranty, tire and wheel insurance, etc., at the point of sale. I also tell them I'll take it seriously and call them back at a later date if I feel like it's something I need.

It's okay - no harm done, except to them because they missed a sale. I ended up getting a great deal on a 7 year unlimited mile warranty. I don't believe my dealer would have matched it, but I would have gone with them if they had responded with something reasonably close. They're a small town dealership with good people overall, and I like doing business with them.

As a side note, MOPAR did contact me after a couple of months but I thought their options were way too expensive for what they were. That's when I took the advice of some here to call Tom.
Tom gave me the best price too.. Luckily my dealership matched it, so i didn't have to come out of pocket... used my pocket money for the lift and steering stabilizer.

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I haven't received my JTRD yet but did get a price in my insurance and checked rates at my bank. I imagine I will finance through the dealer if rates are better but my bank quoted 3.5%. I really should look into joining a credit though.

I also called on my insurance. I have raised limits of 100/300k on all of my vehicles and they say $56/month.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It is rather humorous when people try to compare insurance rates, there are dozens of variables, likely more than that. The fine print in one may explain how they can insure "cheaper" than another can. What's covered, not covered (contents, towing, other), your age, time with the company, insuring multiple vehicles or even having your household insurance with the same company, and one of the biggest variables there is - WHERE you live.
There's commute distances (where you live vs. where you have to go to shop) as well. We get a hefty discount for low annual mileage.
It simply can't be compared unless you compare actual contracts, first line to last, and the numbers in between.
Just because someone pays less doesn't mean you got a bum deal or they got a great deal.
It's just futile to try to find out what someone else pays and then even begin to think you are getting screwed - or a better deal, than the next guy.
And once in a while paying a bit more is worth it to get great service, reliable service, no hassle service, and other perks.

Loan rates - that's a bit easier to compare because that's a little more cut and dried and less dependent on location, more dependent on credit scores and other factors, including the health of the source of the loan and their customer base.

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I am sure you haven't searched well, as, on a lot of forums where people talk about their loans and credits, there are many answers to your question. I am sure that if you need something like statistics or some veridical information to inform yourself better, it would be best to go and ask for help from some companies that work with loans and rates.
Or it could just be what forums are for..... communication between like minded people about a common topic.....

I get tired of people reading the subject of a topic and even after they still decide to get involved in the conversation, only to not add anything of value to the topic.

Its possible people ask these questions just for the communitive/entertainment value they bring to the forum rather than searching out definitive answers that are different and ever changing for everybody.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Just want to add a thank you to everyone here. I read through this thread, and decided to do some shopping. Comparing policies line by line, as was suggested here, I was able to drop a $199/mo from Geico to a $74/mo from State Farm. I love Geico's service, but not that much.

Now, time to calculate how much of that I can roll into new gear! Have to admit, the price of diesel is not helping at all.

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Just want to add a thank you to everyone here. I read through this thread, and decided to do some shopping. Comparing policies line by line, as was suggested here, I was able to drop a $199/mo from Geico to a $74/mo from State Farm. I love Geico's service, but not that much.

Now, time to calculate how much of that I can roll into new gear! Have to admit, the price of diesel is not helping at all.
I appreciate you saying so, refreshing to see, rather than having to justify the thread to people like Wilardlomaso and several others... yet they still add their 2 cents.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Just refinanced my truck at 2.25%for 72 months
Sponsored