Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Push button after 4lo, shift into M, and 1-5 are in 0.7-1 mph increments if I remember right. I used it on a 20° incline on my sport s max tow. Looked over at buddy and "check it out, no hands or feet!" His jaw dropped lol

I did have to steer a lil

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I really like that. True Donahue?
Thanks!
No, December 1969 build, 2 months too early for that.
But it had all of the same equipment. The spoiler was likely dealer installed. It was loaded.
Man, I miss that car! It was a well-known car (people knew it was mine and the condition and care) so I had little trouble selling it - bummer.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
No, December 1969 build, 2 months too early for that.
But it had all of the same equipment. The spoiler was likely dealer installed. It was loaded.
Man, I miss that car! It was a well-known car (people knew it was mine and the condition and care) so I had little trouble selling it - bummer.
Definitely pristine looking. Love the sidewinders on it. Mine is a complete restomod. I have an immense amount of time and dollars in it but belonged to my dad since 72 and one day will be my sons so it was purposely modified. Handles like a modern car with full control freak setup and can cruise 70 on the interstate thanks to the TKO straight drive.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely pristine looking. Love the sidewinders on it. Mine is a complete restomod. I have an immense amount of time and dollars in it but belonged to my dad since 72 and one day will be my sons so it was purposely modified. Handles like a modern car with full control freak setup and can cruise 70 on the interstate thanks to the TKO straight drive.
Nice!
I totally redid the suspension and steering - all new, but period correct, and it handled like a new sports car.
I sure understand the time! People may not get that part.
It's even more cool that your car was your dad's car since 72! That is wild, fantastic!!

Is yours the 390 or 360?
I take it yours is a Mark Donahue?

Cruising - try a multi-hour trip to St. L, MO - the drone of the pipes with that 390 winding at about 3,000 RPM or so.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
I totally redid the suspension and steering - all new, but period correct, and it handled like a new sports car.
I sure understand the time! People may not get that part.
It's even more cool that your car was your dad's car since 72! That is wild, fantastic!!

Is yours the 390 or 360?
I take it yours is a Mark Donahue?

Cruising - try a multi-hour trip to St. L, MO - the drone of the pipes with that 390 winding at about 3,000 RPM or so.
Not a real Donahue just the SST. Had a 360 but has a 401 with a ProCharger D1SC on it now. I can run 70 down the interstate and turn about 1800-2000 RPM.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not a real Donahue just the SST. Had a 360 but has a 401 with a ProCharger D1SC on it now. I can run 70 down the interstate and turn about 1800-2000 RPM.
Mine was SST as well - also had the stainless steel trim around the door windows, power disk brakes, PS, AC, automatic floor shift, dealer installed torque links, limited slip, 390.
1800 RPM - wow, I wish. My 73 is a 360, 377 hp, and it's a killer on the interstate listening to that drone through the headers and race mufflers.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was SST as well - also had the stainless steel trim around the door windows, power disk brakes, PS, AC, automatic floor shift, dealer installed torque links, limited slip, 390.
1800 RPM - wow, I wish. My 73 is a 360, 377 hp, and it's a killer on the interstate listening to that drone through the headers and race mufflers.
Yeah I like the roar but not so much cruising on the interstate. My 401 puts out an estimated in the 850 hp range and is a hoot to drive. I need to get it on the dyno but I have had the pleasure of making a Hellcat driver very upset at the drag strip.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that button is to engage “Duck Mode.”
KITT, is that you? Isn't that the turbo-boost button?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I like the roar but not so much cruising on the interstate. My 401 puts out an estimated in the 850 hp range and is a hoot to drive. I need to get it on the dyno but I have had the pleasure of making a Hellcat driver very upset at the drag strip.
Hmmm, I do have a 401 sitting here, not sure what to do with it. Needs a total rebuild but I'm so busy doing work for everyone else, it sits!

Maybe I'll bring it down your way for some tweaking LOL
It would sure be nice in my 73 - that 360 the prior owner did and, well, he was clueless in so many areas.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, I do have a 401 sitting here, not sure what to do with it. Needs a total rebuild but I'm so busy doing work for everyone else, it sits!

Maybe I'll bring it down your way for some tweaking LOL
It would sure be nice in my 73 - that 360 the prior owner did and, well, he was clueless in so many areas.
Bring it on. Let’s boost it!