morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll keep this thread on topic for a second(although I did come home from the hospital as a newborn in American Muscle)

Be aware that when using the Offroad cruise control system, it's a bit noisy. Don't want you to be alarmed. It uses wheel speed sensors and it feels like it's constantly dragging the brakes to maintain the wheel speed desired. Very neat system though for rock crawling or broken up forest roads.
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Haha.
I had to look online for what that button does...sounds cool for new off roaders but Iā€˜ll trust my feet first...
I found it was more consistent speed control using it and the gear selector. My foot can't get that slow perfectly. I think experienced jeepers would agree. It's a great feature.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I guess we'll have to wait until they offer the Hemi to be able to use it.
Not really. My Overland would hit the 110 rev limiter pretty effortlessly when stock. Itā€™ll still do it now on 34s, but I had to try harder. Bad road rage incident where I was fleeing. That was actually about 115, I havenā€™t corrected my speedo.

Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
I'll keep this thread on topic for a second(although I did come home from the hospital as a newborn in American Muscle)

Be aware that when using the Offroad cruise control system, it's a bit noisy. Don't want you to be alarmed. It uses wheel speed sensors and it feels like it's constantly dragging the brakes to maintain the wheel speed desired. Very neat system though for rock crawling or broken up forest roads.
I tried this in MOAB and on a steep downhill. Super sketchy. This would be better used in mud or deep sand to prevent spinning the wheels!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Brake control chattering........ I've heard someone else ask about the noise being normal. I think maybe it was Pyrpatriot first time he used it. Yeah, like the antilock brakes on icy roads. There's a thread on it somewhere.

livewire_3020

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
didnt read all the comments so sorry if im repeating this, but...

in 4 low, if you activate that, it sets like a cruise control. you use ur shifter in manual mode to increase or decrease speed. works on inclines and everything. pretty nice in certain situations.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Good to note but that noise did go away after using it for a while. First 2-3 times in the yard, i thought fo sure something was wrong. It is a nice feature of a great 8 speed trans.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Good to note but that noise did go away after using it for a while. First 2-3 times in the yard, i thought fo sure something was wrong. It is a nice feature of a great 8 speed trans.
Awesome to hear. I haven't used it but one or two times, so perhaps I'll give it another try next forest road

Sponsored

JCFindley

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
To quote my wife, it is the duck button and must be for wet areas.

Seriously, look at it from a distance and you shall forever call it the duck button.

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Punkā€™n
Occupation
Engineer
To quote my wife, it is the duck button and must be for wet areas.

Seriously, look at it from a distance and you shall forever call it the duck button.
Haha. Here we go.

Untitled.jpg
Sponsored