Sponsored

What is your lowest MPG with the Diesel?

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
I'm seeing 16.9 on the dash with the Mopar lift and Nitto RG 35s. This is 95% city driving. Speedo is calibrated with a Tazer.
Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
In Houston with Toyo AT3 35s and with a 50/50 highway and city driving, I'm seeing an actual 16.2 mpg. I don't have a Tazer and have not recalibrated for the new tires yet. To be honest, I usually don't trust what the dash is telling me my mileage is.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Stock 23 Rubicon 8at, 12.9 mpg but my drives are ~5 miles one way to work, and it's 4 stop signs on hills, and stop lights on hills.

OP
OP
ATX_Jeeper

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
In Houston with Toyo AT3 35s and with a 50/50 highway and city driving, I'm seeing an actual 16.2 mpg. I don't have a Tazer and have not recalibrated for the new tires yet. To be honest, I usually don't trust what the dash is telling me my mileage is.
The ecu uses tire size to determine MPH and MPG. If you don't recalibrate, its off. My jeep was reading up to 26 MPG highway on when the ecu thought the tires were 32"

I also use the Fulley app and its pretty close to what the dash is telling me.

OP
OP
ATX_Jeeper

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
Stock 23 Rubicon 8at, 12.9 mpg but my drives are ~5 miles one way to work, and it's 4 stop signs on hills, and stop lights on hills.
I'm relieved to read that as I thought I might have had an underlying issue with my JT.

Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
also, don't forget to calibrate if you adjust your tire pressures down. Jeep delivers the tires at 40psi, which is enough for them to be their actual size. When I went from 40 to 33 PSI, my tires lost half an inch or so, changed the MPG and MPH enough to be measured by gps.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
The ecu uses tire size to determine MPH and MPG. If you don't recalibrate, its off. My jeep was reading up to 26 MPG highway on when the ecu thought the tires were 32"

I use fuelly, and make sure my speed is tracked via GPS, no speed anomalies, but my Jeep reports 15ish MPG while fuelly reports low 14s. Not sure who's right and just gave up caring.

OP
OP
ATX_Jeeper

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
also, don't forget to calibrate if you adjust your tire pressures down. Jeep delivers the tires at 40psi, which is enough for them to be their actual size. When I went from 40 to 33 PSI, my tires lost half an inch or so, changed the MPG and MPH enough to be measured by gps.
I'm not sure I follow. I measured my tires at pressure, 34 PSI, while mounted on the JT and used that number in the Tazer. Are you suggesting the tire fill alert setting somehow affects this equation?

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Negative, Most people forget to realize that once they adjust tire pressures, the computer still reads a 32"+ tire, where as at 30-35 PSI, the tire is more like 31.5+. IF you measured at your desired PSI you are good to go.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe

Plan on getting it recalibrated when I bring it in for service. Thanks for the tip on the Fuelly app, appreciate it.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Yeah I'm at 13.1

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales