Sponsored

Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel?

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Right! But a British or imperial gallon is about 20% larger than our little American gallon.
But after I sent that, common sense kicked in and I just converted your metric consumption…
BTW:
Whatever Google uses it is what it is haha, I had no idea there was multiple gallons LOL.
Haha, most people don’t :-/ … it’s dumb.

anyways, what are your highway speeds? Your city MPG looks normal, but your highway is amazing, I’m guessing you’re cruising about 55-60mpg, lol. After 70mph the efficiency tanks.

I had a 21 80th Anniversary (overland) that got low 30’s on the highway around 70mph and 27ish in the city. I put a Mopar lift 37” KO2s and it came down I about 22-24mpg

my current 23 rubicon diesel only sees about 24mpg at best. Purely stock. Disappointing. I am not sure what changed (maybe rubicon bumpers and factory 33” mud terrains are that detrimental???). I am hoping a stage 1 tune helps me out, perhaps I’ll just go stage 2. I can always swap ECU and put the exhaust back together is something goes catastrophically wrong
Sponsored

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
BTW:

Haha, most people don’t :-/ … it’s dumb.

anyways, what are your highway speeds? Your city MPG looks normal, but your highway is amazing, I’m guessing you’re cruising about 55-60mpg, lol. After 70mph the efficiency tanks.

I had a 21 80th Anniversary (overland) that got low 30’s on the highway around 70mph and 27ish in the city. I put a Mopar lift 37” KO2s and it came down I about 22-24mpg

my current 23 rubicon diesel only sees about 24mpg at best. Purely stock. Disappointing. I am not sure what changed (maybe rubicon bumpers and factory 33” mud terrains are that detrimental???). I am hoping a stage 1 tune helps me out, perhaps I’ll just go stage 2. I can always swap ECU and put the exhaust back together is something goes catastrophically wrong
Highways around here are all 100kmh (62mph) and I'm usually sitting at around 105 (65mph). It's about all the Jeep likes to do with being on 37s before the tires like to give me a bit of a shimmy, and honestly, I'm not in a rush. I take it easy, cruise control whenever I can... I let off the gas going down hills, all that jazz.

I'm doing a Stage 1 here shortly on the Gladiator mainly because I want to disable that stupid EGR system. I have a full delete on my RAM EcoDiesel and it opened it completely up... fuel economy, power, etc all went through the roof. The moment this Gladiator is out of warranty, I'll be fully deleting. The only reason I'm not doing a full delete now is that when I do a Stage 2, I'm completely removing all the emissions including the EGR cooler. That's a bit too much work to reinstall whenever I need to go to the dealership.