Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer wasn't exactly being truthful. I have a 2023 willys w/out the cold weather package and I have remote start. It was bundled in whatever the "preferred package yadda yadda" is.

Did you order your Mojave? I'm really surprised to see one that came w/out it. If you didn't order it then I wonder if it was an order from someone else who ended up not purchasing it when it came in.
It was actually part of the cold weather package clear up through at least 2022, maybe later.
Now it's bundled differently, but it was the way to get it for years, even in Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure there are other electronics involved. Mine on the 24 JTR came with the Convenience Group.
Yes, a total change. Last 3 we got it came as part of the cold weather package - including 2 JTs and a JLU.

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
$350 installed? Doesn’t seem unreasonable at all.
So I went and looked back in my purchase history. It was purchased in 21 and was $296 then. I don't see any charge for installation but I'm sure I paid for that as well. It wouldn't have been more than a couple hundred dollars though. I also bought an upgraded fob that has some ridiculous range like 3 miles or something but honestly she just uses her phone. We have never had an issue with it. It's much better than the factory one on my JT. Well I don't pay for the uconnect service which might equal the playing field. But the drone mobile app has alot more status info than uconnect.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Yes, a total change. Last 3 we got it came as part of the cold weather package - including 2 JTs and a JLU.
Part of this seems to be just moving options around, for reasons that are beyond me. On my 22 JTR I didn't get the forward facing camera, and doing fieldwork I don't always have a spotter, so it might come in handy on the 24 JTR, plus no more pesky manual transmission with that most excellent clutch!

JoeJeep74

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys 2dr
Occupation
Service Advisor

Sponsored

JoeJeep74

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys 2dr
Occupation
Service Advisor
Jeep does odd things with options. Back when I ordered my 2016 2 door Wrangler Willys pkg , (auto trans) I could not get remote start from the factory. The dealer installed a factory accessory kit for the window sticker price ($300.00 ?) of a non Willys Wrangler. Plug and play, just like it should have come from the factory.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Dealer wasn't exactly being truthful. I have a 2023 willys w/out the cold weather package and I have remote start. It was bundled in whatever the "preferred package yadda yadda" is.

Did you order your Mojave? I'm really surprised to see one that came w/out it. If you didn't order it then I wonder if it was an order from someone else who ended up not purchasing it when it came in.
I have a 22 JTRD... it was an option that you had to add on and purchase. It didn't come standard. Atleast for me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep does odd things with options. Back when I ordered my 2016 2 door Wrangler Willys pkg , (auto trans) I could not get remote start from the factory. The dealer installed a factory accessory kit for the window sticker price ($300.00 ?) of a non Willys Wrangler. Plug and play, just like it should have come from the factory.
Sometimes things are slated for the future - most things exist, getting ready, but the thing or option itself isn't there at that time. I can refer to auto high beam headlights.........
When I ordered in October 2019, it wasn't available as an option. Truck was built in November 2019 - not available. But in December 2019 you could order the exact same truck and it was there.
I went into the BCM using AlfaOBD and enabled auto high beam, everything was there and it worked fine. Possible that Jeep hadn't done all of the testing to enable it, or there was something they had to do with NHTSA or who the heck knows, but I made it work on my November 2019 build even though it wasn't a factory option - everything was in the truck.

IF I RECALL CORRECTLY - in 2022 model year, remote start was still part of the cold weather package. It may have changed after I ordered my 22, but at that time, the cold weather package was:
Remote start
heated seats
heated steering wheel

You could not order remote start as an option from the factory as a stand-alone. It was part of the cold weather group.
But then if you want remote start, there's a great chance you'd maybe want the heated seats and steering wheel - maybe no in Texas but not everyone lives there. A lot of the country's population lives where it gets cold.
So the packaging made sense.
MAYBE they've gotten more research and learned more over time............

OP
OP
Salmanilla

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone tried this:

Does the Tazer have any options (settings) regarding Remote Start?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried this:

Does the Tazer have any options (settings) regarding Remote Start?
Likely it would - just like JSCAN or AlfaOBD as far as telling the Jeep "it exists" or "it doesn't exist".
(present or not present, for example)

Buckhorn

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Last month I purchased a 2023 Mojave Gladiator- really digging it and already working on Mods. As summer is coming, I wanted to see how to get the Remote Start to work. Living in NC, the summers can be brutal. I noticed that the remote only has 2 Buttons, Lock and Unlock. I assumed this was due to the fact that (for the first time) my jeep only has 2 Pedals - as this was my first automatic jeep. I was surprised to find that (as told to me by the salesperson when I called to ask yesterday) Remote Start is only an option on Mojaves that have the Cold Weather Package. Naturally, mine does not. Is there a way to ADD Remote Start on this Gladiator? Is the Physical Key Fob the only difference?

Any help would be terrific. TIA
My 2018 JK Willys came without remote start. I made a deal with the dealer when I purchased it to add the factory remote start. Then I ended up with 2 fobs with a remote start button, plus the 2 original remotes. A lot of aftermarket parts add a second fob to carry around.
Sponsored