Sponsored

What questions would you ask someone who is currently "media reviewing" a JT?

Crableg85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
He answers that in this thread:

• crableg85
    How tall are you did you fit ok in the driver's seat? I'm 5'11 and 300 lbs wondering if this will be to small
  • seanpholman
    @crableg85 I’m 5’9, 220 and have seen people as much as 6’3 and 350 fit fine.
I believe crableg85 is on our little forum here.
I sure am :)
Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Ah so I'm guessing it actually does suck for tall / big people. I'll have to wait until I can actually sit in one (the car show by me only had one JT on a pedestal. You couldn't go in it), but that's a little disappointing

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Ah so I'm guessing it actually does suck for tall / big people. I'll have to wait until I can actually sit in one (the car show by me only had one JT on a pedestal. You couldn't go in it), but that's a little disappointing
Disappointing that someone 6'3" 350 lbs can fit fine?

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Disappointing that someone 6'3" 350 lbs can fit fine?
Nope, I'm dumb and can't read. I clicked the Instagram link, saw the question, and saw his reply to try the Ram instead without expanding the replied. So I figured he was answering question about the big guy trying to fit and kicking him over to another car. It's early, I'm tired haha

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ok, gotcha. I thought Bangolia was talking about all of the Gladiators that are out there for sale only to FCA employees. My bad.
ditto.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
This question may have to wait for diesel availability but:

If you’re typically towing, say, 5000 pounds or so, would you opt for the published better towing numbers with the Pentastar or go with the Eco Diesel with lower towing numbers but vastly more torque?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
This question may have to wait for diesel availability but:

If you’re typically towing, say, 5000 pounds or so, would you opt for the published better towing numbers with the Pentastar or go with the Eco Diesel with lower towing numbers but vastly more torque?
The diesel shouldn't be too much lower than the V6 (-500 lbs IIRC). Depends on where you're towing, I suppose.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
That’s what I’m thinking. I am towing right at 5000 pounds but I’m typically in the Utah/Colorado mountains well above 8000 feet. I think waiting for the diesel with the turbo will be my best bet. I’ve been towing with a 5.3 Chevy V8 and I’m afraid the Pentastar will be too much of a downgrade in power.

FCA. Please hurry with the diesel. : )

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
I'm hoping that straight 6 turbo that article said they were working on gets put into the gladiator . I would love to see what it can do with the truck setup .
Sponsored