Sponsored

What say You?? 2.3 and 2.7 4cyl ecoboost

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I've had several Fords and were generally happy with them.........except for trade or sale time. None of them held any value. Terrible.
That's typically the case with Ford, GM and Dodge cars. Almost nobody is looking for a good used Ford, Chevrolet or Dodge. Thus, the resale is pretty lousy. Dodge cars often have the greatest depreciation of any vehicles. (Trucks are completely different.) Almost everyone is looking for a good, used Toyota, Honda or Subaru. Thus, those cars retain their value to the point where you're better off buying a new example than a late model used example.
Sponsored

wagonicfolding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep gladiator rubicon
The 2.3L Ecoboost in my 2019 Ranger is great. If the rumors of a manual are true, then it will be perfect. The 2.7 in my f150 so I’m probably a bit biased. I also think of the last gen broncos and them having that big ole 5.8 351W option and think a 5.0 option would be awesome.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
The 2.3L Ecoboost in my 2019 Ranger is great. If the rumors of a manual are true, then it will be perfect. The 2.7 in my f150 so I’m probably a bit biased. I also think of the last gen broncos and them having that big ole 5.8 351W option and think a 5.0 option would be awesome.
The rumors are true, the 2.3 gets an option of auto or manual and the 2.7 requires auto exactly like the ecodiesel Gladiator.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
If I didn't need the towing of the Gladiator, I'd be looking at getting the 2 door. Lots of things Ford did right. 35" tires out of the box and mirrors on the front cowl/fender instead of the door are two things. IFS is better for 99.999% of the driving I do. And its better on the road 100% of the time. (Though the solid front axle is probably MORE important for that .0001% when you really need it)

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
That crawl gear 7 manual with 4.70 axle and the 2.3 Turbo torque should be sweet. Didn't see a transfer case ratio, so not sure what overall crawl ratio will be.

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
That crawl gear 7 manual with 4.70 axle and the 2.3 Turbo torque should be sweet. Didn't see a transfer case ratio, so not sure what overall crawl ratio will be.
I saw overall crawl with those specs at 93.x

A rubicon is 84.x with a manual. put 4.88s in and it becomes 100.x

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
How is this a "General Gladiator Topic"?

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
If they offered a truck version I’d probably jump ship for one with the 2.7l Ecoboost. I love my Gladiator, after I did a lot of shit to actually make it drive good and look good. However, if I can get something out of the box that looks good stock, probably drives better and still has respectable offroad ability, and a way better engine, with no money, time, or effort for a competitive price then it’s a no brainer. Just sayin, can’t really refute that logic though...
Since it is based on the frontier, I doubt they make a pickup version. Get the Frontier.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Really it only uses the power train from the Ranger (2.3/10 speed). The 2.7/10 speed is out of the F150. The new Ranger due out in 2022 will have a lot of the Bronco updates. The current Ranger was just a placeholder for the new one.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Looks like my assumption that M. Allen was right that the 2 door JT would not have a big following was flawed. The reservation chart for the Bronco shows otherwise. The 2 door off-road market is much stronger than I guessed. Also 35.5% of the those that reserved were or are Wrangler owners. This just may get some folks a 2 door JT down the road.

Reservations for 2 Door vrs 4 Door
Jeep Gladiator What say You??  2.3 and 2.7 4cyl ecoboost 1594764092888

Jeep Wrangler Owner
Jeep Gladiator What say You??  2.3 and 2.7 4cyl ecoboost 1594764132831
Sponsored