First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
There are some really nice Colts out there. Nice. Post pics pls.

Given a choice, the 1911 is always my go-to.
Colt Combat Elite and a Colt Defender, which I have two of. The black handgun is a S&W XD-9 Sub-Compact with a Veridian LED flashlight with a green laser. The last one is my favorite rifle when one shot just has to do. :LOL:

IMG_1823 edit2.jpg

IMG_1836 edit2.jpg

IMG_1835 edit.jpg
Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Generally the only protection I bring is SPF 45 and 40% DEET.

One time I camped with some friends on an unpopulated barrier island. We had a drunk (and stranded) man wander up to our fire at night. We promised to give him a ride back to shore in the morning but said he'd have to sleep somewhere else. Supposed to be nothing bigger than a crab living there, but you can't always be sure. Turns out he had hitched a ride with some folks earlier in the day and they left him there. Spooked us pretty bad when he showed up out of nowhere.

One thing I do know is that if you watch Jaws right before going to the beach, you will be looking over your shoulder for sharks. I imagine watching Deliverance before heading out to camp provokes the same sense of dread. The first time I went camping alone I brought my revolver but if I'm with a group of people I don't feel quite as vulnerable.

Bears are a different story. Don't have that problem here.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
So you guys bringing these out with you when overlanding/camping?

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Glock 43 in the top section of the console. Perfect fit.

5097DE5B-1E3C-4696-B350-A2B70F00D8FC.jpeg
^that works!

I really tried to like that thing. But after i got the XDS 45 and p365, i just couldnt.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
The G43, like the little J-frame 5 shot S&W revolvers are not fun or comfortable shooters. They are sub-compact carry guns that you will have with you when you otherwise not have anything. They are comfortable to carry and conceal very easily, even in the heat of the summer. They hide easily in small places. That’s what they are made for, nothing else. For that they are ideal.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. Gotta love the rotating barrel. 9mm, flies straight and true.

Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
So you guys bringing these out with you when overlanding/camping?
I personally bring a firearm when disperse camping. I make sure all attending parties with me know it's there and are comfortable with it on me and around their families. I'll even make sure that if they want to see it or handle it (unloaded) in order to be familiar with the firearm, then they can do so. If they don't agree to have it present at the campsite then it goes back into the locked glove box while we are all hanging out. Only until it's time to turn in for bed, then I will bring it up into the RTT.

Honestly, we all have bear spray and air horns setting out most of the time at camp. That sets a good example for the kids as well to be aware of wildlife. I mostly camp with the same group of like-minded friends so if firearms are ok with the masses then we carry. Also, if we decide to over indulge on the alcohol consumption on a particular night then the firearm definitely stays in the truck.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I personally bring a firearm when disperse camping. I make sure all attending parties with me know it's there and are comfortable with it on me and around their families. I'll even make sure that if they want to see it or handle it (unloaded) in order to be familiar with the firearm, then they can do so. If they don't agree to have it present at the campsite then it goes back into the locked glove box while we are all hanging out. Only until it's time to turn in for bed, then I will bring it up into the RTT.

Honestly, we all have bear spray and air horns setting out most of the time at camp. That sets a good example for the kids as well to be aware of wildlife. I mostly camp with the same group of like-minded friends so if firearms are ok with the masses then we carry. Also, if we decide to over indulge on the alcohol consumption on a particular night then the firearm definitely stays in the truck.
Awesome man, thanks! This helps and sounds a lot like what I was planning to do

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Glock 43 in the top section of the console. Perfect fit.

5097DE5B-1E3C-4696-B350-A2B70F00D8FC.jpeg
Definitely don't like that it's stored while pointing at the passenger.
I'd rather have the muzzle in the down position.
My EDC in the JTR is pointed forward out of harms way. M&P Shield 40.

20210222_141115.jpg

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
If you're worried about bears just bring someone slower than you and a .22 to shoot them in the knee. Also a 9mm for people you may run into....