Sponsored

Whats a decent lift w/ shocks under $2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Why not measure to the body line above the TRAIL RATED badge for the front, and the top of the tail lights for the rear? They are all in the same place for all JT's...
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my fenders are much taller then rubicon which is why I was saying the hood and bed. Oh well we tried.
Oh got it. I can try but will need a second person to assist and somehow hold a 2x4 to get it to measure. Also we would need to pick a spot on the hood as the point of reference as it’s not a flat hood.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Why not measure to the body line above the TRAIL RATED badge? It's in the same place for all JT's...
That would be a to ground height. Need something in line with the hub to take the tires, psi and wear out of it

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh got it. I can try but will need a second person to assist and somehow hold a 2x4 to get it to measure. Also we would need to pick a spot on the hood as the point of reference as it’s not a flat hood.
I figured In line with the hubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would be a to ground height. Need something in line with the hub to take the tires, psi and wear out of it
Lay a 6' straight-edge across the hood and bed and take your measurements from the hubs to the bottom of the level...

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Lay a 6' straight-edge across the hood and bed and take your measurements from the hubs to the bottom of the level...
Sounds easy if I had a long straight edge. I do have a 2x4 that will accomplish the same thing. Will work on that later today.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds easy if I had a long straight edge. I do have a 2x4 that will accomplish the same thing. Will work on that later today.
I used to lay tile & hardwood flooring, along with custom metal fabrication, so having a 6' straight-edge and level was a necessity. I often forgot most normal folks don't have a use or need for one, so they don't have one laying around. My bad... :facepalm:

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled up measurements from when I first put this lift on and looks like I was about a 1/2" higher front and rear when it was first installed. So a little bit of settle but not bad.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled up measurements from when I first put this lift on and looks like I was about a 1/2" higher front and rear when it was first installed. So a little bit of settle but not bad.
That's good to know, since I have the same lift as you, just waiting to be installed.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Ok curiosity got the best of me and I had to measure this while at lunch.

center of hub to plastic border on bed - 39”
Center of hub to top of hood (top point in front of windshield clips - 38 1/2”

the challenge is the front measurement is still only relevant on a rubicon as the hoods are different. Rear should all be the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok curiosity got the best of me and I had to measure this while at lunch.

center of hub to plastic border on bed - 39”
Center of hub to top of hood (top point in front of windshield clips - 38 1/2”

the challenge is the front measurement is still only relevant on a rubicon as the hoods are different. Rear should all be the same.
Are the hoods different heights. I figured a Mojave would be taller, but I thought the difference with the rubicon is just the vents off to the sides.

Of note I just measured placing a piece of 2x lumber across the bed and was right at 40” from center of hub up there the bottom. Then placing the same piece of wood across the hood up against the rubber windshield rests I was at 38 1/2.

So the fronts are right about the same and the Clayton has a bit more rear (But both are quite tall for only being 2.5”)..

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Are the hoods different heights. I figured a Mojave would be taller, but I thought the difference with the rubicon is just the vents off to the sides.

Of note I just measured placing a piece of 2x lumber across the bed and was right at 40” from center of hub up there the bottom. Then placing the same piece of wood across the hood up against the rubber windshield rests I was at 38 1/2.

So the fronts are right about the same and the Clayton has a bit more rear (But both are quite tall for only being 2.5”)..
Nice. I guess that maybe the Clayton left a bit of rake and the EVO made it more level. Both have benefits.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I guess that maybe the Clayton left a bit of rake and the EVO made it more level. Both have benefits.
Yeah I think these both are way over others. I didn't realize just how far till recently. I'd be interested to see how others measure up that are common like the Mopar 2", RockKrawler 3" & the MetalCloak 3.5" as they are probably the most common 3 spring lifts that people do.
Sponsored