First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
Any one want them mud flaps ? I took mine off an hour after I brought it home . It would of been sooner but I had dinner first then took off the steps that looked like pontoons on a sea plane . My daughter did the same with her JL last year . Free pick up here if ya want them . I will probably hide them with a better fitting set sliders and more rubber.
Sponsored

MikeVeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Mine is staying, as is the one on our Wrangler - reason?
I love my wife more than I care about the looks of a freakin dang bracket that seems to be a problem simply because it annoys.
So far no one has really complained about functionality with different tires, not that I've seen.
You are always the rock of reason, thank you @ShadowsPapa.
Mine's a 03/22 Mojave with no bracket, since it's a safety item added mid-model year, you hear anything about a recall to add it? I assume it actually proved to improve the crash rating. Can't imagine you can even see it with a mud flap installed anyway, and my wife and I enjoy living. 😁

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My 20' JT does not have it and my wife's 21' JL does not ... and it's not like we are hear hearing vast reports of JT's or JL's rolling over. I believe it was added simply to achieve a certain rating.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
My 20' JT does not have it and my wife's 21' JL does not ... and it's not like we are hear hearing vast reports of JT's or JL's rolling over. I believe it was added simply to achieve a certain rating.
It was to fix a previous poor rating in the (i believe) small overlap front collision. With the bracket you're more likely to stay on all 4's (relatively) than without it if you run into something really hard.
Sponsored