Wheels with replaceable ring

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Looking for wheels with a bit of protection from rock rash. Here are a few I like but not trying to spend $300-$450 ea. These will be used mostly on road but I do plan to get into some rough stuff and have some fun a few times a year. Bead locks are not necessary for my level of wheeling. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything else out there?

Favorites: TeraFlex Nomad with plastic rash ring. Great function with easy cleaning and clean design and quick air down feature. It has everything including a $315 pricetag. OUCH!
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jlu-jk-jku-nomad-off-road-wheel-deluxe-5x5-metallic-black-each
5bdb6bd8602bb60074007339.jpg

Most Practical?: Vision Nemesis with removable plastic rash guard and reasonable pricing at $162/ea
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/vision-nemesis
wheel_vis_01928_dark-grey_gunmetal_na_20_medium.png

Also planning to add PowerTank Monster valves to any set that isn't TeraFlex....
https://www.quadratec.com/products/...HbyNsVzJPxI-i6vZphjzvMGMIs9P6uH4aAu_fEALw_wcB
PowerTank-Monster-Valve-Kit-Monster-Chuck-MON-8200-Tabletop.jpg
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I have the AEV Borah's The other thing I like about them is the offset keeps my 35's tucked inside my fenders so I don't get that "Bro Roller" look

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Bump on this question. This is good info to learn the different options.

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Buuuump!

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Rugged Ridge XHD and their Wheel protector is an option. Not sure on cost.

Ran them on my JK for over 100,000 miles and they were awesome.

OP
OP
Schreconjeep

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Thanks for the bumps! I ended up going with DirtyLife DT2s with Cooper STTPros 37x13.50
Hereā€™s the rub:
Wheels: has a replaceable ring but is cheap hollow plastic not solid high density stuff. There is a ā€œrash ringā€ you can buy separately but itā€™s just as cheap and flimsy.
BUT!! You can make these same wheels bead locks with a solid aluminum ring!
This is what Iā€™m considering but probably not until I bang these up a bit.
Overall Iā€™d give them a 8.5/10 bc I can go to bead lock if you never plan to do that, maybe look at the Visions for cheap or TeraFlex for full feature.
Jeep Gladiator Wheels with replaceable ring B51A4607-5273-40FF-953F-3E9874028F49

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the bumps! I ended up going with DirtyLife DT2s with Cooper STTPros 37x13.50
Hereā€™s the rub:
Wheels: has a replaceable ring but is cheap hollow plastic not solid high density stuff. There is a ā€œrash ringā€ you can buy separately but itā€™s just as cheap and flimsy.
BUT!! You can make these same wheels bead locks with a solid aluminum ring!
This is what Iā€™m considering but probably not until I bang these up a bit.
Overall Iā€™d give them a 8.5/10 bc I can go to bead lock if you never plan to do that, maybe look at the Visions for cheap or TeraFlex for full feature.
Jeep Gladiator Wheels with replaceable ring B51A4607-5273-40FF-953F-3E9874028F49
Great info. Thank you

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I had rugged ridge XHDā€™s and they were ok. Bolts that came with oem are too short and the bolts that came with the ring can be caught in rocks (I had a few gouges). The steel rings did take some good abuse. I would recommend purchasing stronger hardware and add silicone in between the ring/wheels to prevent damage from the elements.
They were a pita to clean and a bit heavy.

I have nemesis on my JT and Iā€™m happy with them. Way easier to clean and the rings are made of hard plastic. Itā€™s lighter, more easily replaceable in terms of $$, and the hardware it comes with are pretty good.
Sponsored