Sponsored

Where do you reside? Wondering which state is best represented on this forum?

TBuck

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Originally Pennsylvania, now living in the hell hole known as Lakeland, Florida. The lightning and methamphetamine capital of the world!
....with the one bright spot being Sheriff Grady Judd. He's a legend!

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't hate Lakeland per se, I am just not liking the increase in traffic/population lately, and the excessive rain we've been getting.
....with the one bright spot being Sheriff Grady Judd. He's a legend!
Yeah, at least he's trying to work on the amphetamine problem. Not much he can do about the lightning!

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I don't hate Lakeland per se, I am just not liking the increase in traffic/population lately, and the excessive rain we've been getting.

Yeah, at least he's trying to work on the amphetamine problem. Not much he can do about the lightning!
You know there is a reason for the increase in population, right? Because it's a great place to be! Well, at least better than Tampa and Orlando, who are a major reason for the increase, and it only seems to be getting worse. I actually don't like how Lakeland is getting to be like 3 sections, South, North, and Downtown. I have a place on the North side, and almost never get down to the South side anymore. Even 20 years ago it wan't *that* bad to drive to the South end of town. I still like the downtown area vs other cities. It's kind of the perfect size right now. And of course, if we can make Grady Judd king!

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You know there is a reason for the increase in population, right? Because it's a great place to be! Well, at least better than Tampa and Orlando, who are a major reason for the increase, and it only seems to be getting worse. I actually don't like how Lakeland is getting to be like 3 sections, South, North, and Downtown. I have a place on the North side, and almost never get down to the South side anymore. Even 20 years ago it wan't *that* bad to drive to the South end of town. I still like the downtown area vs other cities. It's kind of the perfect size right now. And of course, if we can make Grady Judd king!

I'm a "southsider" and what is happening down here is massive deforestation for apartments, subdivisions, and warehousing. The wildlife is getting chased into the existing population, where people kill them because they are now a "nuisance". More people moving here will mean larger roads, more pollution, less wilderness. It is very sad.
(And yes, I know I am not a native, but I was brought here as a child almost 40 years ago. It wasn't a choice on my part!)
I've managed to buy a small parcel of wild land there, and I am doing everything in my power to preserve it and enjoy it's natural wonders before it's gone.

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Telecom Construction

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
NE Texas

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Northern Nevada

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
In the military and currently stationed in Guam, I'll be transferring back to Hawaii this summer. Originally from California.
Hafa Adai I used to own the house on Talofofo Bay! I Now live in Coastal Oregon!

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
Kalifornia comrade ya plenty of fruits and nuts but don’t forget the green weenies