Sponsored

Which black horse roll bar install looks better topless?

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
I have a black horse roll bar and now that summers hear I’ve been going topless most of the time. What do you think looks better? Option 1 the bar sits higher than the stock roll bar but the black bars that go front to back are closer aligned to the stock white roll bars that go front to back. This option has the lifted bracket at the bottom installed which allows for my tonneau cover to be used, however I haven’t been using it with the top off cause it looks weird to cover the bed when the top and doors are off. So don’t care much for that option to be available anyway Option 2. the black horse (black)roll bar sits about at the height of the stock (white)roll bar but front to back black sit lower than (white )stock front to back bars.What option you think looks more natural?

386F9B0E-B6CB-4AF5-B9F0-37C7D13FCDA5.jpeg

30AE4E81-9271-437D-8916-F6BBF755089F.jpeg
Sponsored

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello. I like the lower version without the top on but once you install the hard top it will look too low (IMO). I would probably install the taller version just to keep from changing it later. Also are you going to install lights? If so, the high version looks like it will give you better lighting up front.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Personally, I'd go with option 1 and add lights. That way the horizontal bars line up (mostly) and there's a reason for the top bar to be higher than the roll bars. Plus, if you need to, you can still use the tonneau. But it's your Jeep, so you do you. :rock::like::jk:

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My OCD would want option 3... Higher by 2 inches over option 1, that way the black front-to-back bars line up with your white bars in the cab.

This is probably why I haven't pulled the trigger on that bar. But I think this is still the best option I've seen so far.

I assume you have a hoist to get your hard Top off since you can't just walk it straight back.

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6MT - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Digital Marketing
My OCD would want option 3... Higher by 2 inches over option 1, that way the black front-to-back bars line up with your white bars in the cab.

This is probably why I haven't pulled the trigger on that bar. But I think this is still the best option I've seen so far.

I assume you have a hoist to get your hard Top off since you can't just walk it straight back.
yep. Option 3 is how I’d roll too. If that wasn’t an option... door #1.

BTW, I’d definitely have the bed cover on. I always have my bestop doors in the bed. I can have the soft top down and doors on in 1-2 minutes in case of rain.

Sponsored

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
I have a black horse roll bar and now that summers hear I’ve been going topless most of the time. What do you think looks better? Option 1 the bar sits higher than the stock roll bar but the black bars that go front to back are closer aligned to the stock white roll bars that go front to back. This option has the lifted bracket at the bottom installed which allows for my tonneau cover to be used, however I haven’t been using it with the top off cause it looks weird to cover the bed when the top and doors are off. So don’t care much for that option to be available anyway Option 2. the black horse (black)roll bar sits about at the height of the stock (white)roll bar but front to back black sit lower than (white )stock front to back bars.What option you think looks more natural?

Jeep Gladiator Which black horse roll bar install looks better topless? 30AE4E81-9271-437D-8916-F6BBF755089F

Jeep Gladiator Which black horse roll bar install looks better topless? 30AE4E81-9271-437D-8916-F6BBF755089F
Will either one work with a Tonneau cover? I have a 2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel on order and the roll bar is the first thing I want to put on, but would like to have a secure hard cover for the bed for travel.

Thanks a ton, and both options look good to me FWIW, but I would add a light bar or lights and probably do the raised version. just my opinon.

HogsWell

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
If you have a cover, which one do you have?

Thanks again!
HogsWell
so the cover only works with the raised one and I have the cover in the link below. I know the oem cover doesn’t work cause it wraps around the sides of the bed you need one that lays on top. You also need the trail rail installed on the bed to fasten the roll bar to. I picked it up aftermarket for like 200 on bamwholesale. Easy install and adds some nice tie downs.
https://www.amazon.com/Tyger-Auto-T...rds=gladiator+bed+cover&qid=1594913852&sr=8-3

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
so the cover only works with the raised one and I have the cover in the link below. I know the oem cover doesn’t work cause it wraps around the sides of the bed you need one that lays on top. You also need the trail rail installed on the bed to fasten the roll bar to. I picked it up aftermarket for like 200 on bamwholesale. Easy install and adds some nice tie downs.
https://www.amazon.com/Tyger-Auto-T...rds=gladiator+bed+cover&qid=1594913852&sr=8-3
Thanks! Would a hard tri-fold tonneau cover work as well or would it have to be soft?

And What model # is that roll bar?

Thanks again,
HogsWell

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon

Sponsored

Slicksickle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
How was the install? I am ordering my Gladiator tomorrow and will have the Trail rail system Do you have to drill holes at all or does it bolt to that Rail system?
Thanks
Todd

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
How was the install? I am ordering my Gladiator tomorrow and will have the Trail rail system Do you have to drill holes at all or does it bolt to that Rail system?
Thanks
Todd
You should get mounting bolts with a long flat oval as the head. When you tighten the head will twist locking it into place. I think I did have to unscrew some bolts from the rail because the mounting bolts wouldn’t slide past the rail bolt heads.
Sponsored