Sponsored

Who here does not use LED because the lens is not heated?

Sparty97

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Consultant
Good Morning!
We currently have one set of the *NEW* Heated Oculus headlight we will be launching next month. Since forum members provided feedback on this new product launch, we would like to offer this set to YOU! This is a brand new, however it just does not have the finalized retail boxing. For that we can give 10% off and FREE SHIPPING. The cost would be $626.36.

If anyone is interested please let me know and we can arrange this right away! We hope to get feedback and photos from this LUCKY person on this new product we are ready to release.

*First come first service*

-Melissa Boudreaux
Melissa, I'm just following up on your post from last month. I'm in the market for new headlights (I just have LED bulbs in the old Halogen housing) and I like the Bi LED Projector headlights with Amber switchback you guys are making. We do some long drives from Grand Rapids up and back to Northern Michigan in the evenings for ski weekends and having a heating element would be awesome.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Melissa, I'm just following up on your post from last month. I'm in the market for new headlights (I just have LED bulbs in the old Halogen housing) and I like the Bi LED Projector headlights with Amber switchback you guys are making. We do some long drives from Grand Rapids up and back to Northern Michigan in the evenings for ski weekends and having a heating element would be awesome.
Hi Chris, thanks for your interest! I believe this one beta headlight set was already claimed, but we are happy to help you choose from one of our offerings! We do have the switchback 9" Oculus as you mentioned, and the heated white 9" Oculus will be available soon. We do also offer an evergreen discount with code forum10 on OracleLights.com. Please feel free to PM us if we can assist with anything else!

-Rachel

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Well unless these Jeep’s LEDs are different than my last three Rams with LEDs, I don’t see the point. Never had an issue and I live in Canada.
Now taillights are a different story.
My Volvo has headlight washers so with good anti ice windshield washer it’s not ever an issue.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Well unless these Jeep’s LEDs are different than my last three Rams with LEDs, I don’t see the point. Never had an issue and I live in Canada.
Now taillights are a different story.
My Volvo has headlight washers so with good anti ice windshield washer it’s not ever an issue.
The fact that the jeeps head lights are recessed in the grill is the big problem leading to snow build up. The snow doesn't just blow off like it does on flush mounted lights.
My last bunch of f250s with leds had zero issues. The last 2 jeeps(JK & JT) are all but useless in the snow. I swapped the jk to heated lights from truck light and never had a problem again(and I'm in New England for snow reference)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that the jeeps head lights are recessed in the grill is the big problem leading to snow build up. The snow doesn't just blow off like it does on flush mounted lights.
My last bunch of f250s with leds had zero issues. The last 2 jeeps(JK & JT) are all but useless in the snow. I swapped the jk to heated lights from truck light and never had a problem again(and I'm in New England for snow reference)
Yuuuuup.
Ram trucks have headlights like Grand Cherokees - smooth, air blowing across them, nothing to collect and stop snow and ice and make it build up. It just blows on by for the most part. Those trucks have lights more like a Grand Cherokee - the stuff just keeps on sliding off.

And no offense to our neighbors and friends to the north, but living in Canada does NOT make it worse. In fact, they may have fewer issues due to to the cold and the fact that the snow is different.
In Iowa, we often have freezing rain, and WET snow. Wet snow packs into those funnels and freezes into a sold mass, packed by the force of wind at 60 mph or whatever.
So "I live where it's really cold" may be a reason for it to not be a problem.
We have trees broken down due to the ice and snow pack here. We have things sitting outside that get crushed (quite literally) by the wet snow.
Warmer or wetter snow is worse.
A snow that's "dry" (flakes are very cold) falling in temperatures of 10 degrees is not going to gather into those light cups like snow that is 20 - 30 degrees falling in 25 degree temperatures.

Similar for icy roads - wet ice is far far more slippery and dangerous than the ice up north that's sitting on the road at 0 degrees. It's why I80 is a deadly stretch in the winters here and there are annual pile-ups on I80 east of Des Moines. The ice is 25-30 degrees - a hell of a lot more dangerous than the ice sitting in northern MN at 0 degrees.

So frankly, those up north will have fewer problems with LED lights than those a bit south, same for roads - you can't compare from place to place. One person saying "my tires are perfect for ice" and you find they are in Alaska - in Iowa we're laughing at them. your tires may well fail on our ice here.

Ice isn't ice, snow isn't snow - it varies with where you live.
It may be a heck of a lot colder up there, but I bet we spend more to put power lines back up after ice takes them down than some folks way up north.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Work with factory LED?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work with factory LED?
Hi Thomas, apologies for the delay here. These are compatible with factory LED-equipped Jeeps.

-Rachel

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Hey Rachel,

Ordered the day the group buy opened. Have a tracking number for 10 days now but it hasn't gotten to USPS yet. Wondering when sitting packages will be sent out? I know with the holiday it has been rough but I was surprised after Christmas there was no update

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Hey Rachel,

Ordered the day the group buy opened. Have a tracking number for 10 days now but it hasn't gotten to USPS yet. Wondering when sitting packages will be sent out? I know with the holiday it has been rough but I was surprised after Christmas there was no update
Hi Alex! I'm sorry to hear this and just looked into this for you. So packages are usually picked up by the carrier on the same day the label is created by our shipping team. Your order actually already left our facility with USPS on December 20th.

It is possible that USPS missed scanning your package during intake, which would not register any movement on the tracker. It could be regular holiday delays and higher volume that caused this. Unfortunately, we don't have access to their system to see anything other than the tracker.

However, after 14 business days without delivery, we are able to issue a lost package claim and process a replacement. If you haven't received your order by this time next week, please reach out to us so we can do this for you!

I'm sorry for this inconvenience with the carrier, and we are eager for your order to arrive asap. Please keep us updated on if it arrives between now and mid-next week, and we will be happy to help!

-Rachel

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Hi Alex! I'm sorry to hear this and just looked into this for you. So packages are usually picked up by the carrier on the same day the label is created by our shipping team. Your order actually already left our facility with USPS on December 20th.

It is possible that USPS missed scanning your package during intake, which would not register any movement on the tracker. It could be regular holiday delays and higher volume that caused this. Unfortunately, we don't have access to their system to see anything other than the tracker.

However, after 14 business days without delivery, we are able to issue a lost package claim and process a replacement. If you haven't received your order by this time next week, please reach out to us so we can do this for you!

I'm sorry for this inconvenience with the carrier, and we are eager for your order to arrive asap. Please keep us updated on if it arrives between now and mid-next week, and we will be happy to help!

-Rachel
Don't be sorry, I was just curious as last week and this week are a rough due to the holidays.

Ill PM you my order # and tracking just in case.

Thank you for the great response!
Sponsored