Sponsored

Who here does not use LED because the lens is not heated?

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
So the process of integrating the heating element into the radius curve of or Oculus lens was far more complex of a task than we initially thought but we were finally able to work with a partner with the equipment needed to do this correctly.

The other cool thing is that the heated design mirrors the bezel design of the Oculus lights so it does not look like an afterthought like a lot of the other options out there.

oculus_heated_lens.jpg

For those of you looking for a heated option we would like to offer these at a discounted price to 2-3 members here who would use these through the winter and provide some feedback. If you would be interested just post here in the thread and we will reach out when we have some units assembled.
Do these just get applied to the outer surface of the existing headlight lens? Or would this be built into the light in future models? Awesome work getting this proto ready for everyone to try.
Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
@ORACLElights - I would be interested to try them out for the discounted pricing! Please reach out when ready. Thank you!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Do these just get applied to the outer surface of the existing headlight lens? Or would this be built into the light in future models? Awesome work getting this proto ready for everyone to try.
The photo is just showing the lens integrated with the heating elements, this would come as fully assembled headlights. Not quite ready yet but will have more info soon!

Sponsored

Albert55

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 80th granite crystal
Occupation
Captain
I would be interested in the trial.
I would prefer the heater worked on a switch so not on anytime the temp is low.

Last edited:

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
@ORACLElights - if you're interested, you definitely have a market for a heat element that could be used with OEM LED headlights. I know this wasn't your original question but please take the suggestion.

Many of us already have the expensive OEM led light package. While they're really good, driving through another huge storm overnight demonstrated that we need an aftermarket heating option for these OEM headlights. I'd be first in line for a switchable option - give me wires, I'll make it work.

Once you guys dial in the heat elements for your own branded lights, maybe there is a business opportunity for us to send our OEM headlights to you for a heating element retrofit?

EDIT: Better yet, figure out a surface mount heated solution!!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
So the process of integrating the heating element into the radius curve of Oculus lens was far more complex of a task than we initially thought but we were finally able to work with a partner with the equipment needed to do this correctly.

oculus_heated_lens.jpg
The photo is just showing the lens integrated with the heating elements, this would come as fully assembled headlights.
@ORACLElights - if you're interested, you definitely have a market for a heat element that could be used with OEM LED headlights. I know this wasn't your original question but please take the suggestion.

Many of us already have the expensive OEM led light package. While they're really good, driving through another huge storm overnight demonstrated that we need an aftermarket heating option for these OEM headlights. I'd be first in line for a switchable option - give me wires, I'll make it work.
EDIT: Better yet, figure out a surface mount heated solution!!
I was hoping this was the surface mount retrofit for the OEM LEDs. Definitely a market for them in the snow belt.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I'd definitely be interested in testing a set. This week's snow storm in PA has proven even my halogens can't cut it sometimes...

Sponsored

Drolo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Love the idea of having them integrated with the defrost. Snow storms up in Alberta can be real nasty. I’d definitely be interested in testing some out.

Giljr572

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S "Max Tow"
Occupation
Military
Also interested. I was looking at your lights as an option to my stock halogens when I read that LED were not fantastic in the land of snow... I've been waiting to see heated options. Looks like it's about ready!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would be interested in the trial.
I would prefer the heater worked on a switch so not on anytime the temp is low.
Would not want it integrated into anything else because the defrost is used when it's not even snowing. Maybe it snowed yesterday or just heavy frost or freezing rain and you want the mirrors and rear window defrost on - but why heat the headlights. And there are times I'd want the headlights heated but nothing else.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I actually bought seperate driving lights for the winter and bought normal LED headlights. I would be highly interested in a set of LED headlights that do not ice up. I have always wondered why they do not incorporate some of the heat sink elements in the defractor. Those get pretty toasty and the inside of the housing would be warm with the light on just like an old fashioned head light.

I would be interested in testing a set. If it matters, I am an EE also

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I am late to the party, but I will throw my name in the hat too for the discounted lights, if you are still looking. I live in Upstate NY and hate my halogen lights.
Sponsored