Sponsored

Who makes a long lasting iPhone charging cable?

keithcroshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
I'm sure it will get shot down with fire but this is why I have a wireless carplay adapter and a magsafe charger on the dash, cables drive me nuts solely based on I'm always replacing them, not that I mind plugging my phone in. There's always lint in the port, this avoids all that.

The trade off is poor charging rate when hot, so to mitigate that I have a Apple Shortcut that turns on Low Power Mode when Carplay activates. I found this keeps the charging going better even when GPS is going for maps. I don't have scientific evidence but there's a slight chance that map updates are a bit slower but usually I don't notice it. If I get to a tricky part of the trip I just swipe down and turn off Low Power Mode.
Sponsored

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I'm sure it will get shot down with fire but this is why I have a wireless carplay adapter and a magsafe charger on the dash
I actually have a carlinkit 4 in my wife’s vehicle and she has no problem with it, nor does she burn through cables or any of the issues I have so I just wrote her off as unobtainable alien power when it comes to patience with fiddly shit. Had a mag charger in my last car, proclip but that car had wireless CarPlay. I ordered 2 apple cables. If they don’t last awhile I might go magcharge and wireless adapter.

Thanks a ton for all of y’all’s feedback again! I had no idea phone cable brand/build/quality mattered so much.