Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife bought a new 2021 Grand Cherokee Limited. I was looking to add a bunch of options. Funny thing, the options I can count on 2 or 3 fingers because everything you might want is STANDARD.
So.......you know there's a ton of study, research, and in the next few months, more things will change. Heck, you couldn't get LSD with a sport in 2019, the body colored fenders and roof were options on the Overland, stuff is all changing as they observe and learn.
Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
One reason I opted for the 80A edition was the options that come with the package. It just checked off more of the boxes for the things I care about.
Not to mention, they’ll only make it for the 21 model year.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Now I am considering a Overland and changing the wheels and removing all the chrome.
By chrome, do you mean the silver-painted grille and headlight accents? I don't particularly like the look of them, but concluded they can't be removed unless the entire grille is replaced.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I love the Overland model’s standard options. About the only thing I wish they had, was an option to add the max tow package...
I would like an option for lockers. Or at least helical differentials. As it was, I ordered mine with the rear limited slip.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Overland model’s standard options. About the only thing I wish they had, was an option to add the max tow package...
But then it would not be Overland because the "max tow" is a lot more than springs and a hitch. You change the whole characteristics of the truck and then - well, it's not Overland. It's a fully optioned Sport.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I really like the wheels, but was trying to find a model with most of the options I wanted. Besides, I really hate the look of the black fenders that come on the other models!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the wheels, but was trying to find a model with most of the options I wanted. Besides, I really hate the look of the black fenders that come on the other models!
My wife said NO to the black roof and black fenders. She said BODY COLOR! (period)
So.........
When it came in the sales guy said the others in the store were staring at it - he said it was the best looking he'd seen, the first they had come in with the blue and all body color and they really liked it.
Then I had it at another dealer closer to me for some work to be done and same thing - the sales people said it was the first they'd seen all body color and they said the blue was perfect that way.

Some colors aren't bad with the black, but IMO, blue is just not right with black, it's not a contrast enough. It's like having two blues together that just don't belong and as a quilter, my wife is an expert in picking colors and what goes with what.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Some colors aren't bad with the black, but IMO, blue is just not right with black, it's not a contrast enough. It's like having two blues together that just don't belong and as a quilter, my wife is an expert in picking colors and what goes with what.
I toyed with Gobi tan and black accents - black & tan (I really like my black & tan Dachshund!), but eventually went with my goto color - all white.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
My wife said NO to the black roof and black fenders. She said BODY COLOR! (period)
So.........
When it came in the sales guy said the others in the store were staring at it - he said it was the best looking he'd seen, the first they had come in with the blue and all body color and they really liked it.
Then I had it at another dealer closer to me for some work to be done and same thing - the sales people said it was the first they'd seen all body color and they said the blue was perfect that way.

i personally find that matte black works best on the flat colors: gator, sting-gray, and gobi (adds a nice pop of contrast and deepens the color-shift). metallics and pearls look better body-matched.

Sponsored

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
I wanted tan interior and color matched top (white, blue or red)and fenders.....there was ONE in all of Florida....my white Overland.

JBOverland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
I just wish there was some way to get a tan top to match the tan seats. But the overland is good for those who primarily use it as a daily driver and drive more than a few miles. Also those who want some comfort and style.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I just wish there was some way to get a tan top to match the tan seats. But the overland is good for those who primarily use it as a daily driver and drive more than a few miles. Also those who want some comfort and style.
I think eventually Bestop will offer a tan convertible top.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I think eventually Bestop will offer a tan convertible top.
By the third or fourth model year- there will be the volume to make a profit off non OEM tops- right now there are to few to make it profitable. Jeep was smart outsourcing the soft top to BestTop OEM, it locked them down and it means that subsequent knock offs (like Rugged ridge) etc are now dealing with FCA and not just a top maker for the IP- so a completely new design is needed. I was pissed I had to buy the factory soft top- but I got a good deal and I love it. In fact, I can't bring myself to put the hard top back on.