First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Just read though this. Man your experience sucks. Sorry you’ve had to deal with this. You must love your Jeep. I’ve fortunately not had these type of issues but I do think Uconnect sucks. I’ve had Ford, GM and Chrysler vehicles and Uconnect is by far the worst I’ve had IMHO, however I love my Jeep and so it’s not a deal breaker for me. Hope Jeep Cares helps get this resolved for you!
Mine just started working now! Not sure why but I used the assist button and everything works now.
I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be in working order again! Please know that if you are ever experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system, our inbox is always open! Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Ldinger

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator, 2020 Jeep wrangler
Our sincerest apologies to both of you! Some of our messages have not been pulling through properly. However, I will be search for your messages and reach out to both of you shortly! Thanks for your patience.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Would you add me on to that as well? I’m having the same issue. I’m being told that my Gladiator doesn’t have the hotspot in it. I can change the name and password of the hotspot. I can even connect my phone to it, but that’s where the message comes up saying it is not available for my vehicle.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Would you add me on to that as well? I’m having the same issue. I’m being told that my Gladiator doesn’t have the hotspot in it. I can change the name and password of the hotspot. I can even connect my phone to it, but that’s where the message comes up saying it is not available for my vehicle.
Hi Ldinger,

If your Jeep is equipped with the Uconnect 4C NAV system, you should be able to restore the hotspot feature. Our team is available via PM if you have further questions.

Steph
Jeep Cares

ZUUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Your Mom
Hi Ldinger,

If your Jeep is equipped with the Uconnect 4C NAV system, you should be able to restore the hotspot feature. Our team is available via PM if you have further questions.

Steph
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares I'd love to know how to restore the hotspot feature.

Tried pulling the Radio fuse (F 97) mentioned in this thread as a possible hotspot fix, and it severely crippled UConnect. It fucked right off. Random menu options (e.g. passenger heated seat; off-road pages; front / rear camera) went missing, and lost incremental control of HVAC temperature settings (limited to HI and LO). Putting vehicle in Reverse gear didn't trigger reverse camera. Hard resetting radio made no difference. I promptly panicked.

Thankfully I hadn't installed the recent OTA UConnect update yet. I prayed to the Jeep gods and started the update install. Forty minutes later, everything was back to normal. 😰

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
AT&T told me Jeep/FCA doesn't have a fix yet for '21 models. Apparently it's fixed for '23 (maybe '22?), but not '21. Also loved how they kept charging despite a known issue, but to their credit: supposedly FCA did not provide a way for AT&T to know if an account was connected to a broken model, and they did credit me for 5 mo - back to when the outage started. Would still be nice to have it though.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Tried pulling the Radio fuse (F 97) mentioned in this thread as a possible hotspot fix, and it severely crippled UConnect. It fucked right off. Random menu options (e.g. passenger heated seat; off-road pages; front / rear camera) went missing, and lost incremental control of HVAC temperature settings (limited to HI and LO). Putting vehicle in Reverse gear didn't trigger reverse camera. Hard resetting radio made no difference. I promptly panicked.

Thankfully I hadn't installed the recent OTA UConnect update yet. I prayed to the Jeep gods and started the update install. Forty minutes later, everything was back to normal. 😰
Whenever the Uconnect head unit gets a hard reset, it can take up to 24 hours for it to return to normal operation.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Hi ZUUL,

We're happy to help out! Please PM us your VIN and software level information, and we can provide the next best steps from there.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Sponsored