Sponsored

Will aftermarket steering stabilizer void warranty for steering issues?

Ragatazz

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Does anyone know if replacing the OEM steering stabilizer with an aftermarket, void the warranty for future steering issues?
Sponsored

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
It will void your warranty on the steering stabilizer itself and any 'steering issues' that could be associated with the new part.

Things like balljoints, etc 'should' and 'would' still be covered.

But the reality is, your steering system is prob going to be rock solid through your basic warranty period (36months) before anything even starts to go bad... unless you are rolling huge tires etc...

Lots of folks upgrade the steering stabilizer.

I even ran my jeep without it for awhile to try to sort out if that was the source of the 'pull' I was feeling.

A nice one will make steering 'feel' 'better'. But they are typically not problem solving.

OP
OP

Ragatazz

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Thank you, I have the 90,000 mile extended warranty so I won’t touch anything. Don’t want to give them an excuse to cut me off.

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It will void your warranty on the steering stabilizer itself and any 'steering issues' that could be associated with the new part.

Things like balljoints, etc 'should' and 'would' still be covered.

But the reality is, your steering system is prob going to be rock solid through your basic warranty period (36months) before anything even starts to go bad... unless you are rolling huge tires etc...

Lots of folks upgrade the steering stabilizer.

I even ran my jeep without it for awhile to try to sort out if that was the source of the 'pull' I was feeling.

A nice one will make steering 'feel' 'better'. But they are typically not problem solving.
The Mopar branded Fox steering stabilizer should not void any warranty correct?

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
The Mopar branded Fox steering stabilizer should not void any warranty correct?
I wouldn’t worry about any warranty being voided from a steering stabilizer, except for the part itself.

Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
We have a 90k mile extended warranty on this JLUR, stock aside from full skids, yeti flipped tie rod, shocks, 3.5" lift, drop brackets, and a steering stabilizer...it's at 25k miles so far.
Jeep Gladiator Will aftermarket steering stabilizer void warranty for steering issues? 20230925_162818

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Any changes made to a vehicle provides an opportunity for them to deny a warranty claim for that specific part or for that area of the vehicle. It depends on the dealer, the changes made, and your interactions with the dealer when requesting warranty coverage.

For example, changing the shocks eliminates the factory warranty on the shocks when they are removed. If one of the new shocks fail, you are responsible for getting a replacement and installing it. If a shock mount fails, after the new shocks are installed, the dealer will inspect it and try to determine why it failed. If they believe it was a defective mount, they will repair it under warranty. If they believe it failed because of the non-factory shock, or how the shock was installed, they will deny the warranty claim and you will be responsible for the cost to repair it.

Most of the time it is not a problem. Parts fail and need replaced. As long as the replacement parts are comparable to the original, it is usually not an issue to get warranty coverage when needed.

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Thank you, I have the 90,000 mile extended warranty so I won’t touch anything. Don’t want to give them an excuse to cut me off.
Nothing of interest on warranty will be denied as long as it’s a high-quality stabilizer and isn’t causing problems on its own. In cases like this where Jeep/Mopar sells and uses Fox both for OEM parts/branding and for their performance parts catalog, that’s a brand highly unlikely to raise any red flags with them.

I did the Fox TS at like 500 miles and then jumped to the full ATS at like 1000 miles and couldn’t be happier.

Reddog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Army. Retired Construction Manager / Contracting Officer
Does anyone know if replacing the OEM steering stabilizer with an aftermarket, void the warranty for future steering issues?
Judging by history, it appears that your answer depends on the dealership to some extent and how they view it. The manufacturers are starting to take a harder line on this sort of thing it seems. Pretty hard to fight them as well.
Sponsored