Sponsored

Will mopar 2” lift Fox Shocks work for 3.0” RK lift?

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I have the mopar lift kit on my gladiator. I’m curious if i went to a 3.0” lift if i could use my Fox Shocks from my mopar 2” kit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I have the mopar lift kit on my gladiator. I’m curious if i went to a 3.0” lift if i could use my Fox Shocks from my mopar 2” kit?
I believe the rear Mopar 2” shocks are 27” long, which might be about 1” shorter than ideal. What is the extended length of the Mopar 2” front shocks? I’ve forgotten...
Edit:
Found it. The fronts are 26.25” long. That is about 2” shorter than many 3” lifts, but identical to what comes with the JKS 3” Fox kit. What brand springs do you plan to use?

OP
OP

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I believe the rear Mopar 2” shocks are 27” long, which might be about 1” shorter than ideal. What is the extended length of the Mopar 2” front shocks? I’ve forgotten...
Edit:
Found it. The fronts are 26.25” long. That is about 2” shorter than many 3” lifts, but identical to what comes with the JKS 3” Fox kit. What brand springs do you plan to use?
Thinking about the RK PRO-X complete kit.

http://rockkrawler.com/jt-3-0-inch-pro-x-no-limits-system-stage-1/

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP

Gem1n1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Here are RK's generic shock length recommendations:
Generic Front Shock Length – 17.5” Collapsed/ 29.5” Maximum Extended
Generic Rear Shock Length – 17” Collapsed/ 28” Maximum Extended

I think the answer is yes, but they will be less than ideal for maximum travel/performance.
so basically I’d only notice it on full flex situations.

Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Edit:

I am a total newb to jeeps and their suspensions. I also currently have the MOPAR two inch lift, what are my options to go up about an inch or so? TIA, trying to learn some stuff.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am a total newb to jeeps and their suspensions. I also currently have the MOPAR two inch lift, what are my options to go up about an inch or so? TIA, trying to learn some stuff.
1" overall, or just the front or rear? If it's just the front or just the rear, plenty of folks offer 1" spacers, but you will still need to an adjustable track bar for the front. Anything over about 1.5" on the front-end requires one to fully recenter the front axle back to specs under the front-end.

As for going up 1" overall, you'd be best to pull the kit off, sell it to someone, and get a 3" or 3.5" lift with adjustable track bars and adjustable control arms and stuff.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
1" overall, or just the front or rear? If it's just the front or just the rear, plenty of folks offer 1" spacers, but you will still need to an adjustable track bar for the front. Anything over about 1.5" on the front-end requires one to fully recenter the front axle back to specs under the front-end.

As for going up 1" overall, you'd be best to pull the kit off, sell it to someone, and get a 3" or 3.5" lift with adjustable track bars and adjustable control arms and stuff.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Sponsored