Sponsored

Will we ever get a V8 in the Scrambler?

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
Do you think we will ever get a V8? A 5.7 hemi seems like a plausible powertrain later on maybe in 2020 especially since the Ram trucks use it. Most pickups of the JT’s size have a V8 option and I was just wondering because I’m sure many people would opt for it and I’m guessing many people will also V8 swap it.

1F09F99F-3DEC-4F79-AFE8-DC381A0CB016.jpeg
Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Do you think we will ever get a V8? A 5.7 hemi seems like a plausible powertrain later on maybe in 2020 especially since the Ram trucks use it. Most pickups of the JT’s size have a V8 option and I was just wondering because I’m sure many people would opt for it and I’m guessing many people will also V8 swap it.

1F09F99F-3DEC-4F79-AFE8-DC381A0CB016.jpeg
I doubt it. I see the future for mid sized vehicles moving away from production V8s. Lower fuel economy, plus naturally aspirated v8 and turbo v6 by are getting pretty close. Plus there's a diesel option.
Midsized pickups are light, have a smaller tow/payload rating. They just don't need that kind of power. I don't know of any trucks in it's class currently with a v8 offering.
Now I'm not opposed to a v8. If I couldn't have gotten my wk2 with the diesel I would have definitely gotten the Hemi. I just don't see them offering there JL or JT with a V8.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know of any trucks in it's class currently with a v8 offering.

Now I'm not opposed to a v8. If I couldn't have gotten my wk2 with the diesel I would have definitely gotten the Hemi. I just don't see them offering there JL or JT with a V8.
+1

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
There's always AEV for the V8. Plus a healthy aftermarket support for Pentastar superchargers and Diesel turbochargers if you need more power.

But I do wish the Hemi was an option. As a former product manager it seems FCA is foolish to leave the extra profit margin on the table that a parts bin V8 would deliver.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
There's always AEV for the V8. Plus a healthy aftermarket support for Pentastar superchargers and Diesel turbochargers if you need more power.

But I do wish the Hemi was an option. As a former product manager it seems FCA is foolish to leave the extra profit margin on the table that a parts bin V8 would deliver.
Might be FCA's way of upselling customers to a RAM if they absolutely must have a V8. Given the projected costs of the JT they might actually be saving customers money by going with a RAM

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What other pickup of the JT size has a V8? Its supposed to fit in as a midsize right? Last Mid-size truck with a V8 was the dakota and that's been years.
Last pick up truck I had was a Explorer Sport Trac with a V8. THink they were produced through 2012? It actually got better mileage than the V6. Miss that truck. Love my JKU 10A. Hoping the JT Diesel will be the perfect marriage of the two.