Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I tried for the last few weeks to just "get over it" but every time I walk by, it's like Austin Powers trying not to look at that mole! The grille and 3/4 of the "surround (called out in red arrows) are black. The natural line coming down from the hood is body color. You want than same line on the grille surround to also be body color, but it's the same shiny black as the grille! It looks so clearly cost-cut that it's driving me crazy. I have to get this fixed. Any ideas? I thought about taking the grille to a body shop to have it color matched. I wonder if there is any vinyl that would match? I'm willing to let the neighborhood kid have a go at it with a blue marker at this point!

Jeep Gladiator Willys Grill Color Killing Me!! 1617046242277
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Is that a different texture than the grill itself? So grill is Matte Black, rim section you are pointing out is gloss black, and throw that next to the high texture fender........ A vinyl wrap matte black might help.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
A lot of people actually vinyl wrap or plastidip their color matched grill to black...maybe look for a trade?

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I tried for the last few weeks to just "get over it" but every time I walk by, it's like Austin Powers trying not to look at that mole! The grille is black, and half of the surround is body color! It looks so clearly cost-cut that it's driving me crazy. I have to get this fixed. Any ideas? I thought about taking the grille to a body shop to have it color matched. I wonder if there is any vinyl that would match? I'm willing to let the neighborhood kid have a go at it with a blue marker at this point!

Jeep Gladiator Willys Grill Color Killing Me!! 1617046242277
Mine was painted at the body shop. Was solid Gator color and we added matte black and pinstripes. Had hooks done at the same time.
Jeep Gladiator Willys Grill Color Killing Me!! 1720D34D-4EB0-4905-BEC6-8019EFED8A0E

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
OOOooo, I see what you mean. Most people that add that to other trims (not willys) keep their body color grill surround. That's how I'm used to seeing it, I didn't even think how it might come on a Willys.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I tried for the last few weeks to just "get over it" but every time I walk by, it's like Austin Powers trying not to look at that mole! The grille is black, and half of the surround is body color! It looks so clearly cost-cut that it's driving me crazy. I have to get this fixed. Any ideas? I thought about taking the grille to a body shop to have it color matched. I wonder if there is any vinyl that would match? I'm willing to let the neighborhood kid have a go at it with a blue marker at this point!

Jeep Gladiator Willys Grill Color Killing Me!! 03649048-05ZN2F6G
What about the chrome lugnuts against the black wheels while were complaining lol.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Okay, I’m blessed by not being all that observant. And granite crystal metallic makes the differences even more subtle. But both the grill and the partial surround look gloss black to me...

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Okay, I’m blessed by not being all that observant. And granite crystal metallic makes the differences even more subtle. But both the grill and the partial surround look gloss black to me...
I think his problem is that the surround doesn't match the hood color.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The sad thing is they already have a black grill, or the Sahara/Rubicon/Mojave grill that they could have used to keep a nice look.

Nah, just paint a bunch of the cheaper one piece grills black and slap ‘em on 🤦🏻‍♂️

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
You're not the only one. Bugs the hell out of me almost as much as the shiny black. I really want the satin grille with the body colored surround. But the cost to do it is a bit much.

Jeep Gladiator Willys Grill Color Killing Me!! 381A66EA-BD18-4A57-B23D-671EF944A461

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)

Jeep Gladiator Willys Grill Color Killing Me!! 381A66EA-BD18-4A57-B23D-671EF944A461
This may sound dumb to some, but it was the thing that really turned me off on the Willys Edition. Otherwise, I think the Willys is a perfect edition to get. I wish there was a way to get the grill colored the same as the truck without getting it in black. I also wish I could get the fenders to match the top. I don't know why, but I feel this is a must as well.
Sponsored