Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting to see some of those 3d printed versions from that thread come to market. The plugs look a little cheesy, and nobody seems to agree upon how many/where they need to be placed for optimum air flow to the sides....

Some real airflow engineering was going on in the JLforums thread, and then it all went quiet.
i can say that after watching how the plugs have changed the defrost pattern on my windshield when i turn it on, im a believer that theyll work.

i also have those 3d printed vents just waiting to put them in.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Do they work? I mean they are blowing left and right and not at the windshield.
I haven’t used them yet. Ive been watching the “defrost pattern” with just the plugs in. Ive been happy with them so far. I’ll probably put the little vent things in soon

StickshiftGlad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Stay at home dad
did not feel to comfy with the plastic squares i wound up using a french cleat for a picture frame found at local hardware store for 12 dollars painted it black and used double sided tape. works great plenty of air to the sides and still great flow in the middle. sorry not the best photos
Jeep Gladiator Windshield Defroster fix mod from JL forum 20211221_223152
Jeep Gladiator Windshield Defroster fix mod from JL forum 20211221_223157
Jeep Gladiator Windshield Defroster fix mod from JL forum 20211221_223215
Jeep Gladiator Windshield Defroster fix mod from JL forum 20211221_223253

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
did not feel to comfy with the plastic squares i wound up using a french cleat for a picture frame found at local hardware store for 12 dollars painted it black and used double sided tape. works great plenty of air to the sides and still great flow in the middle. sorry not the best photos
Very inventive! I like this

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I put the plugs in mine just because.
I haven't really ever had a problem with mine but after reading all the complaints 2 years ago I ordered and put the square plugs in mine. Frankly, you can't really see them, they are black, look like they belong, IMO.
I note that you need to run the heat on high if you are driving highway speeds and have the fan on at least half-way but then that's been the case of every truck I've ever owned and I never found that to be unusual.

So far, this is the worst I've had with mine - I turned the heat up a bit and the fan another notch and it cleared better.

Jeep Gladiator Windshield Defroster fix mod from JL forum ice-on-ws-left

For those having real troubles, has anyone talked to the dealer? A few Gladiators made it through with actual defects -
Download and print the PDF below and take it to the dealer if you have real defroster trouble.

Attachments

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They do have a STAR publication regarding the issue, anyone confirm they don’t have a pinch / incorrectly installed duct work???

Jeep Gladiator Windshield Defroster fix mod from JL forum ice-on-ws-left
LOL - forum slow or connection slow - I was in the middle of uploading when your post came through.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
LOL - forum slow or connection slow - I was in the middle of uploading when your post came through.
Its so weird, I remember seeing this Star case in mid July and didn’t think much of It (never noticed an issue the past two years). So I’ve been working in the Dominican for the past month, but now home, and it’s getting cold around here (CT). I’m noticing my defrost is mostly clearing the center!! (Although pretty similar to every Jeep I’ve owned). Haven’t had a chance to check down the vent, just praying if It is an issue that the dash is simple to dig thru…

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Well just checked mine, not pinched shut / assembled incorrectly…..guess I’ll have to look into the vent blocks, I just do not like the looks of them at all…..maybe I can 3D print some low profile fins to angle It toward the edges. Has anyone tried removing the dash/vents? How much of a PIA is It?