Sponsored

Windshield replacement with sensoe

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Got my first windshield crack. Anyone know if I have to do anything specific if I have the adaptive cruise control sensor at the top of the windshield? Do i have to go through a jeep dealer because it will require calibration afterwards? Can I get the new gorilla glass installed if I have the sensor? Thanks.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I just had my windshield replaced, I do not have any sensors, they did it at my house in an hour, but on my MDX it has to go to the dealer for the replacement and then get calibrated before it can be driven. Not sure about Gorilla glass be surprised if it is available for replacement now.

DazedFred

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Greyish Dirty Rubi
Occupation
Project Manager and Planner
Following this… Jeep is a week old, 30 minutes ago driving home from a football game rock cracked the window shield. Same type you got, sensors and all.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Got my first windshield crack. Anyone know if I have to do anything specific if I have the adaptive cruise control sensor at the top of the windshield? Do i have to go through a jeep dealer because it will require calibration afterwards? Can I get the new gorilla glass installed if I have the sensor? Thanks.
No, there's a self-calibration procedure. These do NOT require calibration. Many of us have had glass replaced without that being done and the Jeep glass replacement directions don't indicate calibration.
I talked to one of the people that works for the glass company, told them of my Jeep with ACC and such and he asked the guy who helped develop the windshield for Jeep and said it would be ready in about 6 weeks as I recall - that was a couple of months ago and it's out and is compatible with the ACC devices.

Anyway, the gorilla glass is supposed to be ready, according to one of the designers - and no these don't have to be specially calibrated.
Here's the REAL scoop on this. Don't let glass companies charge some stupid fee, etc. Mine was simply replaced - nothing special done. Maybe they put it in that mode and turned me loose with it?

While I was there I learned that the Gladiator has what they called "dynamic" calibration. They said they just need to put it in "learn mode" and drive it around for a few miles. The system calibrates itself but not surprisingly they cannot perform the dynamic calibration at night and when it is raining.
Sponsored