First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I just changed to a different company so I could get zero deductible glass coverage.

And I ended up saving a hundred bucks a month between the house and auto anyway
Who with?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
We have progressive and they have an agreement with safelite. Safelite repaired it and you can't even tell.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I know safelite isn't the only aftermarket glass company, but from my understanding, they actually provide OEM glass for some companies. The car manufacturer tells them to make it to a certain spec, color, ect and then allows them to stamp the manufacturer logo on it. They also offer their own brand glass.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Two chip repairs at 1600 miles already. I’d be curious how people with Gorilla glass are doing.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have ACC on mine, and just replaced the windshield with the 3rd party glass since it was half the cost of the OEM version. I never use ACC or forward collision detection, so I just covered the camera with the little plastic cover and put the windshield over that. No need for camera calibration, and I can use the cheaper windshield replacement when it breaks the next time. This way, I figure I'll save a few grand over the life of the vehicle with how many potential windshield replacements I'll have to do.
No need for calibration anyway. The device isn't on the glass. Many of us have had the glass replaced and no calibration. They do that as a CYA because it IS impacted on many other vehicles.
They never even mentioned that with mine - had it done at the dealership and calibration wasn't even part of the discussion.

I'll try Gorilla glass next time............ my policy has a 500 deductible, and I figured why file a claim for that and have a claim on the record.

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
No need for calibration anyway. The device isn't on the glass. Many of us have had the glass replaced and no calibration. They do that as a CYA because it IS impacted on many other vehicles.
They never even mentioned that with mine - had it done at the dealership and calibration wasn't even part of the discussion.

I'll try Gorilla glass next time............ my policy has a 500 deductible, and I figured why file a claim for that and have a claim on the record.
Is there a doc on that? I understand that the windshield folds down etc, but the refraction can change with every piece of glass. Others in the forum have stated they saw watch them changed the numbers using the iPad. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...fter-windshield-replacement.41333/post-726139

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
...I’d be curious how people with Gorilla glass are doing.
Jeep Hyperformance® Tough Windshield (HTJ-DW02668) | HGP - Hyperformance Glass Products

I went this route and ain't looking back. I'm still waiting on a hard shot to see how tough the glass is, but I've already taken around 5 good hits that I'm pretty sure would've been chips in the other windshield, not a mark.

My original idea for a return on this investment was simply based of the cost of multiple windshields.. the first one was busted, I figured if it broke just one more, I'd break even to the cost of this one.

Once you start talking about increasing your premium to cover the repairs and replacements, you're not only adding to the cost NOT to go with gorilla, you're adding all the headaches of taking your truck to the glass shop a couple times a year...

Again, the jury's still officially out, but I'm leaning towards this being one of the most value-added mods I've done to date.

I don't really remember seeing many opinions one way or the other on the Mopar Gorilla Glass, I'm pretty sure they put the Corning Ware on the outside and HGP puts it on the inside.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The windshield glass replacement procedure has been posted in the forum - it doesn't even refer to anything related to recalibration. Mine was not recalibrated.

So there is no document stating it should be done.
Normally repair processes, such as steering gear replacement, have a reference to other processes involved - example the software updates - the documents say to "refer to xxx for software procedure", words to that effect.
There is no reference to calibration in glass replacement documents.

Refraction differences would be extremely small on flat glass, unlike curved glass. The refractive index of the material at optical frequencies bears little relation to the behavior properties at radio frequencies.
Also, the atmosphere itself refracts or bends radar, it curves it down over long ranges. Rain, pockets of hot/cold/hot air all will impact it. But if that particular flat glass had an impact, I'd expect Jeeps glass replacement document to refer to "next step" or include a reference to what to do next. It does not.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Jeep Hyperformance® Tough Windshield (HTJ-DW02668) | HGP - Hyperformance Glass Products

I went this route and ain't looking back. I'm still waiting on a hard shot to see how tough the glass is, but I've already taken around 5 good hits that I'm pretty sure would've been chips in the other windshield, not a mark.

My original idea for a return on this investment was simply based of the cost of multiple windshields.. the first one was busted, I figured if it broke just one more, I'd break even to the cost of this one.

Once you start talking about increasing your premium to cover the repairs and replacements, you're not only adding to the cost NOT to go with gorilla, you're adding all the headaches of taking your truck to the glass shop a couple times a year...

Again, the jury's still officially out, but I'm leaning towards this being one of the most value-added mods I've done to date.

I don't really remember seeing many opinions one way or the other on the Mopar Gorilla Glass, I'm pretty sure they put the Corning Ware on the outside and HGP puts it on the inside.
I reached out to HGP and they wanted me to buy the glass first, have it shipped to my home and then and only then would provide me a list of installers in my area. I wat to call an installer, get a quote , have it instal and thats it.

How did you do the HGP replacement?

Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
How did you do the HGP replacement?
Yeah, reading their stuff online it looked like they were going to pick a shop and ship it there, but for the jeep glass (smaller), they just ship it to you house. At that point, all they do is just google glass shops in your area...
I called several myself, asked for pricing on installing 3rd party glass, and just went with the closest/cheapest one (Discount Auto Glass North Little Rock) It was $136.88 after taxes.

My only concern was being responsible for the box between my house and the shop... but it worked out just fine.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, reading their stuff online it looked like they were going to pick a shop and ship it there, but for the jeep glass (smaller), they just ship it to you house. At that point, all they do is just google glass shops in your area...
I called several myself, asked for pricing on installing 3rd party glass, and just went with the closest/cheapest one (Discount Auto Glass North Little Rock) It was $136.88 after taxes.

My only concern was being responsible for the box between my house and the shop... but it worked out just fine.
Since it was payload, how about a picture of you hauling it in your JT to the glass shop in the thread on payload pics?? ;-)

JJ's JT

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
With nearly 20,000 miles on my JT, I have had my second windshield crack. The first was due to a factory defect so it was replaced under warranty. This one was due to a very small rock chip that led to a large crack. The quote to replace was a shocker, $1470! Is that what others are being quoted for windshield replacement on their JT? They attributed the high cost is due to replacing it with a factory windshield (no 3rd party was available) and that it has adaptive cruise control. Fortunately I have full glass coverage on a windshield replacement with Auto Owners, i.e. no deductible. While I was there I learned that the Gladiator has what they called "dynamic" calibration. They said they just need to put it in "learn mode" and drive it around for a few miles. The system calibrates itself but not surprisingly they cannot perform the dynamic calibration at night and when it is raining.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With nearly 20,000 miles on my JT, I have had my second windshield crack. The first was due to a factory defect so it was replaced under warranty. This one was due to a very small rock chip that led to a large crack. The quote to replace was a shocker, $1470! Is that what others are being quoted for windshield replacement on their JT? They attributed the high cost is due to replacing it with a factory windshield (no 3rd party was available) and that it has adaptive cruise control. Fortunately I have full glass coverage on a windshield replacement with Auto Owners, i.e. no deductible. While I was there I learned that the Gladiator has what they called "dynamic" calibration. They said they just need to put it in "learn mode" and drive it around for a few miles. The system calibrates itself but not surprisingly they cannot perform the dynamic calibration at night and when it is raining.
Mine was replaced a year ago - just about a grand. That's for an original MOPAR part number windshield (mine is loaded, ACC, etc.)

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
I have a replacement windshield and I noticed that the little jeep in the bottom right hand corner isn't a gladiator but a Wrangler. Is that the way they came originally or just because of the replacement glass?

Not a big deal and I can live with it but I just was wondering and thought if that's the case others that get replacements may want to question it.
Sponsored