World turned upside down...

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW
Hello, my name is Sean and I drive 3.6 Pentastar.

I guess I was living in a state of denial. I love my Mojave, everything I wanted, plenty of power to get the job done. And then... it happened. The place I work has winter storage for cars. Your typical Corvettes (bosses Z06), 3 442's (including bosses '70 W-30) BMW's etc., you get the point. A gentleman came in today with his Wrangler 392 with the window sticker still on it. Just hearing it pull into the shop made me get up to see what it was and there she sat with the light of angles shining down on her. Of course I volunteered to take it over to storage but the boss already knew it was going to be my chore to take it because I'm the only Jeep guy here. General consensus around here is that if you don't drive a chevy truck you're a p***y. I now know why so many say the Gladiator needs a V8. The sound is intoxicating and the ease at which it just goes kind of gives you the feeling your girl did when you started dating. Now I am going to go home, crawl into the beer fridge and drink these evil "MORE POWER" thoughts out of my head then cry myself to sleep. I just need to remember, 12MPG, $88k window sticker, no where to throw 10 bags of mulch, even less money in the account.

Anyway, it falls under the kind of thing you wish you never knew... Thank you for letting me share with the support group, I feel better now (not really).
Sponsored

BeepBeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
That’s why I have other toys that have V8’s and drive the gladiator daily.

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
I recommend watching Home Improvement and making the grunting sound while chanting MORE POWER.

I wish Jeep would make a v8 gladiator. I think it's a huge swing and a miss that they didn't. Give us a stripped down muscle version. A stripped down sport with crank windows and a soft top, but a V8. It's sad to think the same company put a v8 in a midsize truck (Dakota) around 30 years ago

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager

I guess I was living in a state of denial. I love my Mojave, everything I wanted, plenty of power to get the job done. And then... it happened. The place I work has winter storage for cars. Your typical Corvettes (bosses Z06), 3 442's (including bosses '70 W-30) BMW's etc., you get the point. A gentleman came in today with his Wrangler 392 with the window sticker still on it. Just hearing it pull into the shop made me get up to see what it was and there she sat with the light of angles shining down on her. Of course I volunteered to take it over to storage but the boss already knew it was going to be my chore to take it because I'm the only Jeep guy here. General consensus around here is that if you don't drive a chevy truck you're a p***y. I now know why so many say the Gladiator needs a V8. The sound is intoxicating and the ease at which it just goes kind of gives you the feeling your girl did when you started dating. Now I am going to go home, crawl into the beer fridge and drink these evil "MORE POWER" thoughts out of my head then cry myself to sleep. I just need to remember, 12MPG, $88k window sticker, no where to throw 10 bags of mulch, even less money in the account.

Anyway, it falls under the kind of thing you wish you never knew... Thank you for letting me share with the support group, I feel better now (not really).
If you bought a sport for 8-40k and stuck another 40k in a v8 then you would have your wish probably for the same amount

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
I love the sound and power of a hemi. However, I’m really liking the power and sound of my eco diesel.

Sponsored

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Chryslantis really screwed up by not offering the 392 in the Gladiator, or at least in the Mojave and Rubicon. Fortunately, if you've got a spare $40K laying around...

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
If I was given a limited time on this earth, I would love to drive a 392 Gladiator. I would not want to own one with so many other things to do. Like driving a 1970 ss Chevelle, a Judge, a 1955 Chevy like the one in Two Lane Blacktop and of course the Charger from the original Bullet movie would be fun to drive for a day.

I like watching the other Gladiator transplant builds too. People are awesome with the things they come up with.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

Just wait til the turbo 6 come out. You will forget about the 392, except for the noise. That can't be replaced.
Sponsored