Sponsored

Would you purchase a 2020 without a warranty ?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Not that I'm a lawyer. But shouldn't they have disclosed that to begin with? I say dump it back in their laps. Why on the other hand does it not qualify for warranty? Where was it made? It's still a Jeep. WTF is wrong with people?
Sponsored

Xxtavixx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Had this happen with a GMC truck i bought in 2016, had sub 3k miles. I hit a snag at 3400 miles and GM corporate got involved and it took 3 months for them to agree to fix a super well known issue. I traded it in the next month, i wasnt going to deal with that nonsense for that much money.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I'm a lawyer. But shouldn't they have disclosed that to begin with? I say dump it back in their laps. Why on the other hand does it not qualify for warranty? Where was it made? It's still a Jeep. WTF is wrong with people?
Where it is built is not really relevant, the destination country where it is going to be sold is what matters. There are a lot of laws and regulations specific to each country that have to be dealt with. The warranty is provided by the company selling the vehicle. Even though the trucks may come out of the same factory, Jeep USA and Jeep Canada are two different companies. They only do warranty service on the trucks they sell. As mentioned by the OP, there are also laws and regulations covering the import of vehicles from other countries (even if they were originally built here).

Sadly, it's not just it's a Jeep that needs this part so fix it, unless you are willing to cover the whole cost of the repair.
Sponsored