Sponsored

Would you support a tax or fine for running larger tires than OEM?

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
  • Banned
Iam curious because we live in changing times and I forsee a day when modifications to your vehicle like tire size will be forbidden or taxed. Larger tires consume more fuel for the most part and we live in an era where we are trying to consume less fuel and put out fewer emissions.

I don't support an added tax fyi. But I do like to predict the future and this is what I see.
Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Do I get a tax rebate for staying off road since the fuel tax is used for roads?

I agree we already pay this in a multitude of ways.

Support it? Nope.

Will it happen? With the way things are going? Probably.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I've been paying a state imposed "tire fee" for years already. They get it for any size tire.

P.L. 2004, C. 46, imposes a fee on the sale of new motor vehicle tires, including new tires sold as a component part of a motor vehicle, either sold or leased, that are subject to New Jersey sales tax. The tire fee is imposed per tire, including the spare tire sold as part of a motor vehicle. The tire fee also applies to sales of new tires in connection with a repair or maintenance service.

Rate

The motor vehicle tire fee is $1.50 per tire.

Disposition of Revenues

The revenue collected from the Motor Vehicle Tire Fee is deposited in the Tire Management and Cleanup Fund established in the Department of Environmental Protection. Any additional revenue collected is available for appropriation to the Department of Transportation to support snow removal operations.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
This reminds me of the Jack Booted Thugs in Maine that won't give you an inspection sticker on any vehicle with tires two sizes larger than the sticker on the door jamb!
Gregj

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was transferred there for work and have since returned to the greatest state in the union, Texas!
Gregj

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears the regulatory agency listened to to some out of state “experts “ and closed some evil natural gas and coal fired generation plants and relied on unreliable wind and solar and it bit them in the behind! I’m certain those fools are going to be fired.

I live in the western end of the state and we are on a different grid so our lights never went out.

Texas will bounce back soon enough.

Gregj

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It appears the regulatory agency listened to to some out of state “experts “ and closed some evil natural gas and coal fired generation plants and relied on unreliable wind and solar and it bit them in the behind! I’m certain those fools are going to be fired.

I live in the western end of the state and we are on a different grid so our lights never went out.

Gregj
Tis my understanding that gas is NOT shutdown, and Green deal has not been instituted. I do feel for the people down there who are suffering........at least to those who didn't escape to Cancun.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired

Gregj
No, I predict the culprits will all be promoted!
This is the woke way.
Sponsored