Sponsored

XL RTT - Extend over cab or stick out the back?

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JKU Sahara
nice man which rise kit did u use... the jcr one?
Sponsored

baldsteve

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Added a riser kit to go over the cab. It would have worked without but the channels under the RTT for mounting were .5" or less from the cab. Wasn't sure how much flex between the cab and bed so didn't want to risk gouging the roof.

IMG_5858.jpg
Love the setup! My leitner ACS arrives next week. Is this the CVT Mt. Hood? If so what size and what are your thoughts so far? I'm torn between Mt. Hood 56" and the Falcon XL but worries about left/right overhang. Thanks! (apologies for the off-thread question)

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
Love the setup! My leitner ACS arrives next week. Is this the CVT Mt. Hood? If so what size and what are your thoughts so far? I'm torn between Mt. Hood 56" and the Falcon XL but worries about left/right overhang. Thanks! (apologies for the off-thread question)
This is the MT Hood MD size (56"). Load bars are 60" so you can definitely go wider and I don't think the overhang from each side would look bad. If you start hanging additional accessories from the tent like the awning its something to take in consideration also. Other than that, tent has served us well however I may jump into something different down the road. I do enjoy the less than 7" when stowed.

Tank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
7F3376C3-3EDA-45DA-981C-233C31F08FF6.jpeg

Sorry I dont have a good photo, but you can see how i set the tent up on top (it’s winter and the tent is now off).

It worked out really well - we’ve since adjusted the cover and now you dont even see the extra bars unless you’re ‘looking’ for them.

again, i was able to go over the cab 2-3 inches, over the upright tailgate 1-2 inches, this is a great solution given the bed rack I have.
Is this the 72 or the 87? I have a half-rack (ace upper decker) so the tent will have to fit above the bed, behind the top. I am wondering what the largest I can go without extending beyond the tailgate is.

Sponsored

Shrek

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Awesome setup!

I totally agree about the tent placement - I have a Roofnest Eagle that I have set up to extend a little over the cab. It looks way better that way in my opinion, and I've never had an issue with it offroad.

I do not hear any wind noise with mine either, which surprised me as well. I honestly can't even tell the tent is up there, which is amazing after having it on a smaller vehicle where it was VERY noticeable.
20200607_195302.jpg

20200607_184943.jpg

20200711_164509.jpg

20200711_200548.jpg

20200629_182339.jpg

20200525_220322.jpg
I apologize for bringing alive such an old post again but did you use any spacers on this or did it work with the cab overhang? Any issues with the cab flex hitting it or anything? I have the same bedrack and I'm getting an iKamper BDV duo mounted in a few weeks.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I apologize for bringing alive such an old post again but did you use any spacers on this or did it work with the cab overhang? Any issues with the cab flex hitting it or anything? I have the same bedrack and I'm getting an iKamper BDV duo mounted in a few weeks.
if you look at the 3rd pic, you'll see the cross section of t-slot aluminum extrusions the tent is mounted to. I'm not familiar with that rack, if it's possible to mount directly to the rack. But at minimum, there's a 1.5" spacer.

if anyone else is looking for a spacer lift for a RTT, McMaster-Carr has aluminum strut channels in 2-7/16" and 3" heights. I'll probably be ordering those and replacing the 2" steel ones I currently have that give me *just* enough clearance. ~$30 is a lot better than the ~$150 lifts I've found.
Sponsored