First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Gladiator on order
Occupation
Mechanic
Wow that's awesome- hum at some point I'll have to take my wife to that area- She loves waterfalls
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
Wow that's awesome- hum at some point I'll have to take my wife to that area- She loves waterfalls
There's almost an endless amount of them there. We're not use to all the water coming from California.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
On our way up to Silverton we ran into some heavy rain which produced this awesome double rainbow over Taylor's JT.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 31411C39-85EA-4D6E-BE38-CC0A682C0C7F

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2832.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2853.JPG

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2846.JPG

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Here's a few photos taken with my iPhone of our stay up at Clear Lake. That morning was a special one waking up to such a beaufiful sight hidden the night before by darkness. The lake was so calm that it provided an excellent reflection of our vehicles and mountains. The drive anticpation grew as we headed down the mountains towards Silverton where we would fuel up/grab breakfast and make our way back to Black Bear Pass.
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2881.JPG

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 3F28933E-086A-4AB9-A9DE-FFA9209AB53F (1)
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 484D80C3-2F75-41F5-A385-089882B250E5
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip E20CF489-F5EA-40AE-B754-AEDF181E5A7B (1)
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2897.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2916.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2888.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2887.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2889.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2876.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2878.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2906 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2913 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2886 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2931 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2928 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2907.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2903 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2893.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2904.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2895.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2883.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2927.JPG
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2869.JPG

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
We arrived at the trail head for Black Bear Pass where we pulled off to air down all our vehicles. Heading up the trail we came across a large group of sheep enjoying their lunch on the mountain wildflowers and grass.

As we made our way down the mountain towards the switch backs we came across a narrow section. All three of our Gladiators had wider axles and big tires. One side had a high rock ledge that if you got to close would produce some fun body damage. To the left was a pretty steep cliff leading to a beautiful waterfall. We kept as close as we could to the right using the tires to judge how close we could hug up against the ledge.

Once through this ridge we hung to the right, came down and were finally greeted with a less stressful view of the waterfall from above. We ran into a couple that we're locals back home to us. They ended up joining us as we made our long decent down the Telluride side of never ending switchbacks. Now the Gladiators didn't enjoy these. They took about 4-5 attempts of driving way to close to the edge and pushing our beds back into the mountain side. We had Bond out of the vehicle spotting us as we needed every inch we could squeeze out to try and make it quickly through the switchbacks.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00030
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00031
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00032
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00033
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00034
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00036
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00038
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00039
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00040
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00042
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00043
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00044
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00045
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00046
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00048
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00049
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00050
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00052
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00053
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00054
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00056
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00059
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00060
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00061
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00062
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00063
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00071
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00074
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00078
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00080
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00081
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00085
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00089
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00090
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00091
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00092
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00094
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00095
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00097
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00099
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00100
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00103
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00106
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00109
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00110
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00111
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00114
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00118
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00120
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00121
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00125
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00126
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00132
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00136
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00139
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00141
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00144
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00145
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00154
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00156
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00157
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00162
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00165
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00167
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00169
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00170
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00174
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00176
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00180
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00184
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00186
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00187
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00188
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00190
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00191
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00192
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00197
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00205
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00206
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00210
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00216
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Rebel Off Road-00236

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
This looks awesome. I need to go there and retrace your steps. Thanks for the pictures!

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I love going up to Clear Lake. It is one of my favorite places when I am Jeepin in Colorado.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Looks like you guys had a lot of rain. Things are now much different in Colorado. We've got multiple wildfires with smoke everywhere and a state-wide fire ban. I'm waiting for some rain so I can go camping again. And actually have a camp fire.

Sponsored

Berserker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Fantastic journey- thanks for sharing! That section of Colorado is my favorite to explore. I went through there on the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route in my '13 JK. I'm looking forward to giving it a go with my JT. To-date, are there any sections of trail you ran that you felt your suspension and tire upgrades were absolutely necessary? Thanks again for sharing your awesome builds and trip inspiration.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Fantastic journey- thanks for sharing! That section of Colorado is my favorite to explore. I went through there on the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route in my '13 JK. I'm looking forward to giving it a go with my JT. To-date, are there any sections of trail you ran that you felt your suspension and tire upgrades were absolutely necessary? Thanks again for sharing your awesome builds and trip inspiration.
I would say the trails that we did Black Bear and Imogene didn't require the suspension setup we had but they definitely made the ride a hell of a lot more comfortable. I've been on these trails in a FJ on coilovers and the ride was night and day.

The rest of the Continental Divide trail was pretty easy for us other than some spots were pretty rough (some of those spots we weren't aired down to the normal 8-12 psi instead we were running 22-28 psi). We just didn't want to be constantly be airing up and down. This was not because of driving on and off of paved roads but how well some of the dirt roads were groomed (Montana).

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Our Cruise Through Stoney Pass, Colorado in Jeep Gladiators

A GoPro timelapse of our trip on Stoney Pass, Colorado as we made our way to an evening camp spot. We were using this trail to connect over to Lake City to jump on the main Continental Divide route.

BrentThomas

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon, 19 Cherokee, 93 C3500 454, 04 Silverado RCSB
Following
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.