First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
I was thinking of doing your same setup, but mounting my rear view mirror to the ball mount coming up from the dash on the rugged ridge phone mount. You took that photo, but when you are actually driving, can you see the cars behind you on the road in the rear view mirror?
Yes you can see the cars behind.
Sponsored

rjs-az

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon, '16 4Runner Trail
I like the Overhaul HD rack and want to use it with the trail rail system. However, I don't understand why they chose to use a 15" long steel bar instead of T-slot nuts. By doing so, it prevents you practically from mounting anything else to the trail rail system.

Has anyone used one of these with other T-slot nuts to mount to the rail system?

If not, anyone think there would be concerns with that?

At a minimum I would want to drill into the bar to attach other items or cut the bars, but prefer to just replace the bar entirely.

Thanks,
Rick

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I like the Overhaul HD rack and want to use it with the trail rail system. However, I don't understand why they chose to use a 15" long steel bar instead of T-slot nuts. By doing so, it prevents you practically from mounting anything else to the trail rail system.

Has anyone used one of these with other T-slot nuts to mount to the rail system?

If not, anyone think there would be concerns with that?

At a minimum I would want to drill into the bar to attach other items or cut the bars, but prefer to just replace the bar entirely.

Thanks,
Rick
That is why I didn't go with them. I wanted something more versatile and something not locked into their system. I went with the jcr rack. Hopefully it will work really well. I'll let you know when I get it.

aijt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator Ecodiesel
Is it just me, or do you not have the 2nd rain fly support bar connected on the cab side? Is that because it does not fit (hits the cab)? I have an Overhaul HD, but do not like that it sits above the cab. Would switch to the Outpost if I knew the rain fly can be fully deployed.

If it cannot, does anybody have the same issue with this tent on other 1/2 height racks (ie. JCR)?

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I just installed a Yakima Outpost on my Gladiator and used the rail mounting kit made for the Toyota. It works perfectly but does require the rails to be removed in order to slide the long bars inside of the rails that the adapters bolt to. I also cut one of the drop legs off a bit to clear the gas filler bump in the bed. Just an FYI..

4CF036C6-F53B-4929-A34C-31BDE3B36B13.jpeg
4812AF84-BE99-4B7C-BE65-F16495315348.jpeg
Do you still have the J hooks that came with your kit? I cut mine up to make the plates to mount my rack on my Adrenalin. Now I need them to mount it on the JT
Sponsored