Sponsored

You don't realize how much the Tazer adds until its gone.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with 1-4, but 5 and 6 not so much.

5) You can already turn on the rear camera while driving without a tazer. I have it mapped to one of the "buttons" on my factory 8.4

6) I'm all for preventing people from typing on a touch screen while driving. It's not much different than using a phone while driving. I used to have a car with a control knob and typing an address while driving with that was much less disrupting to a driver than touch screen typing on a nav screen.
#1 I have a button on the wall - exit truck, press button. Big deal.
There's a button for each door between the two overhead doors, and when I get into the house, I have buttons on the coat rack I made to open and close garage doors. There's also a button by the walk-in door that can be used to open or close doors.
I guess I don't get the need to have more time to access a visor button when there are buttons on walls in 3 places to open or close doors. I don't need my truck to do it. The only time my visor buttons get used is when I come home and am backing down our driveway, or when leaving once I'm out, I hit the button on the visor to close the door. That's the only times they get touched.

I also can use my phone to open or close garage doors. (voice or button)

#3 - jscan can do the fog light thing.

I thought you could enter nav address by talking - maybe that's with android auto - anyway, I've done it but it was a long time ago.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
The camera thing is awesome. Maybe the 8.4 inch is way different, but double tapping the mute button sure beats finding the camera app on the 7 inch screen, only to have it time out in like 10 seconds. The turn cam is even better.
But... I don't leave my tazer in my jeep. I only use it off-road.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I brought my truck into the dealer recently and removed the Tazer. I ordered the gateway cables to make this process easier so I waited to re-nstall the tazer until the cable came in so I'd only have to get on my back under the dash once.

In the few days driving the truck without the tazer I was like WTF???!!

All minor stuff, but stuff that just simply makes the truck easier to live with on a day to day basis.

1) garage door opener/homelink - in stock form it turns off with the ignition. That does you no good if you've just backed into your garage and shut off the truck. Tazer gives you 30 sec.

2) It didn't come up this time, but passenger seat seat heater auto on with remote start. Why shouldn't my wife have a nice warm seat also??

3) Fog lights on with high beams.

4) Locking the rear axle just happens. No hoops to jump through.

5) Double tap "Mute" to turn on rear cam even while driving - this was great for monitoring a trailer while I was moving last week. Did that wicker chair just fall off the trailer??

6) You can enter an address into the Nav while driving. In stock form, you have to stop. This is pure idiocy.

Many of these just make the vehicle easier to live with every day.
I don’t have a tazer, just jscan. I just wanted it strictly to change tire size. For number four you say no hoops to jump through with the locker, what do you mean? Mine engages right away. I have noticed a few reviews on the bronco that ppl have said lockers engaged right away unlike the wrangler. Something I just haven’t experienced…..yet lol. I do notice my sway bar disconnecting can be finicky sometimes.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I don’t have a tazer, just jscan. I just wanted it strictly to change tire size. For number four you say no hoops to jump through with the locker, what do you mean? Mine engages right away. I have noticed a few reviews on the bronco that ppl have said lockers engaged right away unlike the wrangler. Something I just haven’t experienced…..yet lol. I do notice my sway bar disconnecting can be finicky sometimes.
Yeah, my lockers just engage too. Never had that problem. Maybe they mean in 4hi. It's kind of finicky locking in 4hi. You have to turn the tc/stability control all the way off to do that. In low, it just does it. But with the tazer, no jumping through hoops to lock in 4hi or even 2hi either.

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Took mine yesterday for #2 of 3 free oil changes. I left the tazer in and active. First thing they did was pop their OBD scanner on. I don't know how they wouldn't know it was there but they never said a thing about it. I'm not recommending anyone leave it in based on my experience but I just wanted to see if they said anything. Not a peep. Thanked me for my business and said come back for the next service when it's due.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The camera thing is awesome. Maybe the 8.4 inch is way different, but double tapping the mute button sure beats finding the camera app on the 7 inch screen, only to have it time out in like 10 seconds. The turn cam is even better.
But... I don't leave my tazer in my jeep. I only use it off-road.
Icon on the bottom of the radio screen. I can simply tap the screen and fire up the backup cam.

I left the tazer in and active. First thing they did was pop their OBD scanner on. I don't know how they wouldn't know it was there but they never said a thing about it.
How would they know? The connect to the OBD diagnostic port and the tazer is basically in the place of the security gateway. Tazer should simply pass things through to the OBD port without interference.

The dealer closest to me even sells such devices to those who wish to change tire size, etc. through their accessories department.

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
I brought my truck into the dealer recently and removed the Tazer. I ordered the gateway cables to make this process easier so I waited to re-nstall the tazer until the cable came in so I'd only have to get on my back under the dash once.

In the few days driving the truck without the tazer I was like WTF???!!

All minor stuff, but stuff that just simply makes the truck easier to live with on a day to day basis.

1) garage door opener/homelink - in stock form it turns off with the ignition. That does you no good if you've just backed into your garage and shut off the truck. Tazer gives you 30 sec.

2) It didn't come up this time, but passenger seat seat heater auto on with remote start. Why shouldn't my wife have a nice warm seat also??

3) Fog lights on with high beams.

4) Locking the rear axle just happens. No hoops to jump through.

5) Double tap "Mute" to turn on rear cam even while driving - this was great for monitoring a trailer while I was moving last week. Did that wicker chair just fall off the trailer??

6) You can enter an address into the Nav while driving. In stock form, you have to stop. This is pure idiocy.

Many of these just make the vehicle easier to live with every day.
You have me sold with the first one. I hate that you have to have the hey on.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I should have bought those extension cables. My knuckles hate me every time I take it out when headed to the dealership.
What cables are we talking about?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What cables are we talking about?
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

That one - so if you access the security gateway cables to put in a bypass or a tazer, those cables extend the SGW connections down to within easy reach.
If you use a tazer or even if you use the bypass cable to use JSCAN or AlfaOBD to monitor the truck or make changes to settings, get that cable set. It's worth every penny.

Jeep Gladiator You don't realize how much the Tazer adds until its gone. 1662041748474

Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need to go into off road + or anything else in 4H or auto.

I leave my truck in 4H-Auto most of the time. To lock the rear axle, I just press the lock button and it happens. Nothing else.

It may even lock in 2H. Though I've never tried it. I rarely use 4L.

I've actually used 4L more times just to experiment than to actually use it. People have complained that its difficult to get into and that it gets easier the more you use it. So often, if I have the time when I'm at my place in NH, I'll put it into 4L even though its not necessary.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've actually used 4L more times just to experiment than to actually use it. People have complained that its difficult to get into and that it gets easier the more you use it. So often, if I have the time when I'm at my place in NH, I'll put it into 4L even though its not necessary.
I wonder if those people who talk about how difficult it is to get into 4H or 4L have driven anything like an F250 4x4............. or driven real trucks at all for that matter. Do your arm exercises, build some muscle.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if those people who talk about how difficult it is to get into 4H or 4L have driven anything like an F250 4x4............. or driven real trucks at all for that matter. Do your arm exercises, build some muscle.
I didn't find it difficult at all. I slipped it (the transmission, not the xfer case) into neutral and rolled to a stop and it slipped right in. Granted it took a bit of force, and you definitely felt like you were moving something mechanical around. But that's fine.

I remember using a pair of channel locks to lock the hubs on a friends Scrambler and needing 2 hands to get it in low. Ha.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Just a FYI for all those with Tazer friendly dealers. The latest firmware for the tazer ( 11.3.8) includes:
  • Added SGW disable option for those leaving Tazer in when using “mod friendly” dealers. This allows the dealer scan tool to work while the Tazer is installed.
Sponsored