Where Does Most of Your Noise Originate From

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Today while driving my JT on about a 100-mile journey mostly over freeway roads. I pondered and let my mind wander since I had my hearing aids in. I was listening to see where I thought the most noise was coming from in the JT. I drive a Sport S. Max on Rubi take-off AT tires and I have a Premium soft top. Now I know the JT is a bit noisier than when I had my hard top on with no headliners but it's not that much noisier. After just driving and trying to listen all around and place where sounds were coming from my conclusion and actually the same from my wife was that most of the noise heard was coming from underneath road noise and the tires by a large margin. I had been thinking maybe down the line to switch out my current flooring with the Armorlite flooring (I sure wish it would have been a factory option. But will wait a bit to save up some money as I just splurged on a couple of soft doors for my front doors and Lange Coyote mirrors.

Was just curious where others feel they are hearing the most noise originate from in their JT. I suppose a change in tires would help some also. But that won't happen till I wear these out.
Sponsored

elPollero

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Farmer
These awful Firestone m/t tires that the Willy’s came with.
Like you , I will put up with until they are worn out but it couldn’t come soon enough. Pretty sure I have a tire out of balance which don’t help . Need to have them balanced soon.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
My ATs are actually very quiet. I don't notice them at all (Bridgestone Revo 3s). They are the quietest ATs I've ever owned. Most of my noise comes from wind at the front room corner of the windshield. Sometimes I get a resonating noise, like some of the other manuals, at acceleration in the mid-rpms. But that's only in a narrow rpm band, and it goes away.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
After just driving and trying to listen all around and place where sounds were coming from my conclusion and actually the same from my wife was that most of the noise heard was coming from underneath road noise and the tires by a large margin. I had been thinking maybe down the line to switch out my current flooring with the Armorlite flooring
https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sound-assassin

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
Like you , I will put up with until they are worn out but it couldn’t come soon enough. Pretty sure I have a tire out of balance which don’t help . Need to have them balanced soon.

I could not wait and replaced the BF Goodrich Mud Terrains, with BF Goodrich All Terrain K02s at 500 miles. They gave me headaches!

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Pavement.

BOH's.jpeg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first Gladiator I drove was a Willys. My wife and I decided then that whatever I bought, it wasn't going to have MT tires.

I've spent some time pondering where most of the noise comes from and for me it seems like wind noise in the A Pillar area. Some right at the base, and some at the top where it meets the roof.

I've got TuxMats which are a laminated multilayer mat with a spongy core. They have huge coverage, like a poor man's ArmorLite. They seemed to quiet the truck down a slight but noticeable amount.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Generally my wife complaining how tall my truck is or how obtrusive her phone mount is or how my bass is giving her a headache.

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Most annoying is the wind noise coming from the top of both front doors, very poor gasket seals on both sides.

Second is the vibration in the overhead sound bar. Something is vibrating in/on there when the stereo is on even at low volume. If I push up slightly on the bar, it goes away.

Haven’t had time to address either yet but they’re both driving me crazy.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Tires and wind is the most noise here, if you ignore my constant chatting.
I mean, we are driving around a brick with a bed on wheels, as refined as the Flintstones
Sponsored