Sponsored

Hard Top on Black Gladiator

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to order a black Gladiator Overland soon now that dealers are getting their pricing. I am going to get the dual tops and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to get the body-color hard top or stick with the standard/black hard top. At first I thought having the blacks not matching perfectly would be cool (that whole Jeep thing, perhaps), but does the non-body color black look like a mistake in person with a black jeep? I'm sure it's personal preference, but might as well ask y'all who have dealt with a black jeep since I'm new to this world.
We got our JKU white with body colour hard top. Then my father-in-law got his black 2-door JK with body colour black hard top... both are almost perfect in winter, everything is matching except the bumpers... but with the soft top the black JK is not so perfect and the white JKU is worst...

As discussed earlier, there’s no perfect solution, but I think I will eventually plan a black body spray liner job to get something perfectly matching like this on a Gladiator...

8BC9F2D1-CD4F-4E8F-ABEA-2ABD46CFB645.jpeg
Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I ordered mine with the body color fenders and dual top. Love the sleek look.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
raptor liner & linex are becoming very popular over here as they are very scratch resistant i used a similar product & applied it with a spray putty gun it came out really well but i will use a better product next time ive already bought the raptor liner for my cj5 project
line-x the whole thing and call it a day, lol.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
We got our JKU white with body colour hard top. Then my father-in-law got his black 2-door JK with body colour black hard top... both are almost perfect in winter, everything is matching except the bumpers... but with the soft top the black JK is not so perfect and the white JKU is worst...

As discussed earlier, there’s no perfect solution, but I think I will eventually plan a black body spray liner job to get something perfectly matching like this on a Gladiator...

8BC9F2D1-CD4F-4E8F-ABEA-2ABD46CFB645.jpeg
hmmm, i could see line-x for bumpers, fenders and top, keeping the rest Gator..........i mean in 2 years when i get a Gator.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

hope this link work should give an example of linex on a isuzu dmax
lmao, did you see that watermelon coated in line-x?

I can see where people say a truck bed would end up looking crappy after a while if it was a different color, like bright red.

But what about the doors painted in different colors like this isuzu?

I could totally see a gator-esque line-x on the body, fenders, bumpers, bed liner the heavy duty line-x350 stuff.

If the colored stuff held up, that would be awesome.

Got our new van, its already scratched in 6 places and only 5 months old.....grrr, this would eliminate that.

Sponsored

Gladicon

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Retired
I took delivery of my black Rubi on Thursday, I wanted the body color top in the worst way but accepted a pre ordered unit that the dealership had coming in soon, it had the mat top.
When I arrived to see it for the first time, I forgot all about the top and then realized that the mat finish is just natural, especially with the fender trim and other mat finishes it just works.... so those on the fence ordering black? don't worry its all good , plus you won't concern yourself with scratches to paint when removing the lids or the top!

Black Jeep society.jpg

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Can't tell the difference. Safe yourself some money and get the black hard top so you can get the dual roof option.... my $0.02

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Get the body colored top. I’ve had both and the body colored is more durable. The basic black top scratches easier in my opinion, has a tendency to fade over time, get wax or something on it and it’s harder and shows where you tried to get it off. It just requires more maintenance than body colored. With the body colored you can often buff out scratches and you can easily vinyl wrap it to protect it or change it to a more matte color If you really want that look. Can’t vinyl wrap the non painted top because it’s textured.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Get the body colored top. I’ve had both and the body colored is more durable. The basic black top scratches easier in my opinion, has a tendency to fade over time, get wax or something on it and it’s harder and shows where you tried to get it off. It just requires more maintenance than body colored. With the body colored you can often buff out scratches and you can easily vinyl wrap it to protect it or change it to a more matte color If you really want that look. Can’t vinyl wrap the non painted top because it’s textured.
Huh.. never thought of wrapping the body colored...

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
what is it with those grills definately not my style

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
what is it with those grills definately not my style
And a Jeep without it’s iconic 7-slot grille is a sad Jeep... We can see the sadness and the anger in his eyes!!!

Fungi3

First Name
Fungi3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR ALTITUDE
Occupation
Lover of Life
I'm going to order a black Gladiator Overland soon now that dealers are getting their pricing. I am going to get the dual tops and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to get the body-color hard top or stick with the standard/black hard top. At first I thought having the blacks not matching perfectly would be cool (that whole Jeep thing, perhaps), but does the non-body color black look like a mistake in person with a black jeep? I'm sure it's personal preference, but might as well ask y'all who have dealt with a black jeep since I'm new to this world.
The black hardtop goes exceptionally well with all colors, and goes very well with black clear coat.
Sponsored