Sponsored

Will the Jeep JK hard top hoist work on a Jeep Gladiator hard top?

MoMikey

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anybody tried to use there Jeep JK hard top hoist with there Jeep Gladiator hard top?
I have A JK hoist in my garage that I used on my JK's hard top and was wondering if anyone has tried it on there JT's hard top yet and did it workout ok?
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested as well as I'm going to need something come spring for mine. I have a Harken Hoister, but that is dedicated for the LJ top, so I need a second one. somehow in spring I have to find room for 2 hardtops and 6 doors, lol

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I'm interested as well as I'm going to need something come spring for mine. I have a Harken Hoister, but that is dedicated for the LJ top, so I need a second one. somehow in spring I have to find room for 2 hardtops and 6 doors, lol
If you search the forum I believe there is a post where someone rigged up their Harken Hoist to work with their JT top. It's what I plan on doing when I get a Gladiator.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I did... it wasn’t hard but I had to think out of the box to make it work. I had to drill a different hole in the center section that could be moved back and forth due to being for a 2 or 4 door. I had to change where the white styrofoam pieces go so they kept the arraignment for the freedom tops on top of the lift as intended. But the biggest change was for the rear bar show in the picture to be extended... I had to go to Home Depot and buy some stock that matched the threads and a joiner piece. Also I had to move my top pulley attached to the ceiling over a joist to get the correct lifting angle.

it wasn’t hard to do but did take some engineering to work... I will say this... I do not remember what parts #’s I used. I just took my hook into HD and found what I needed and slapped it all together.

*** edit***

this the original item I have... I modified it with a electric winch from harbor freight.

[URL]https://www.amazon.com/Lange-Originals-014-220-Jeeps-Hoist/dp/B00ZBBI4OM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=lange+jk+lift&qid=1578504876&sr=8-3[/URL]
https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/winches/1500-lb120v-ac-electric-utility-winch-61672.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/winches/1500-lb120v-ac-electric-utility-winch-61672.html

DF5FF2CE-BFB4-4497-B8FA-A5ABB63EC6B7.jpeg

A9DE7EFF-8A57-43AF-BDD4-40772C68CC3A.jpeg

99F82275-C1C3-4450-823A-6AE515F43B71.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: