Hard top hoist

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
If it is actually 4 pieces I'll be happy. That means I could probably remove it on my own without a hoist etc.
Sponsored

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Exactly, you can see the 2 front freedom panels, then there is a rear section of roof and then the rear section that holds the rear window. 4 pieces in total, no 1 piece hard top, no need for a hoist.
No. It is a 3 piece top. The two freedom panels. And then the rest is a single piece. There have been pictures of it being removed at auto shows.

F75C645B-39E0-4DB1-B65E-07238B2FFB6A.jpeg

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
No. It is a 3 piece top. The two freedom panels. And then the rest is a single piece. There have been pictures of it being removed at auto shows.

F75C645B-39E0-4DB1-B65E-07238B2FFB6A.jpeg
Really? My bad if im wrong, I could have sworn i seen a pic with the rear window section removed.

Sponsored

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
Only on the soft top. Hard top is 3 pieces. I would love it if it were actually 4, but it's not.
Oh that must have been what i seen then. Is the rear window section of the soft top actually solid though? I remember hearing the rear window is glass so it must be right? Bet there will be a mod to be a 4 piece top for easy bed storage of the top if the soft top already has a separate rear window section.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
soft top rear is not solid, the rear window is plastic like wrangler soft tops

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Oh that must have been what i seen then. Is the rear window section of the soft top actually solid though? I remember hearing the rear window is glass so it must be right? Bet there will be a mod to be a 4 piece top for easy bed storage of the top if the soft top already has a separate rear window section.
It's plastic

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Wondering the weight of the hardtop?
I have two bicycle hoist pulley thingabobs for raising the bikes to the rafters in my garage.
Work very nicely.
Was thinking those would work for the hardtop too depending on the weight.
I know on my wife's JK it's a pain in the butt for storage room in the garage when we remove it.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Wondering the weight of the hardtop?
I have two bicycle hoist pulley thingabobs for raising the bikes to the rafters in my garage.
Work very nicely.
Was thinking those would work for the hardtop too depending on the weight.
I know on my wife's JK it's a pain in the butt for storage room in the garage when we remove it.
People seeing it at shows say it might be possible to one-man it on and off. It'll be easier to store since it's smaller and has no liftgate.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
I can one-man off the hardtop on my JKU. I can't image this will be that heavy.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I can one-man off the hardtop on my JKU. I can't image this will be that heavy.
The JLU's top weighs a hair over 100lbs. This is going to be a bit lighter than that an not nearly as cumbersome. While I might not advise doing alone and by hand, I think it would be very doable.

For myself, I bought a Racor lift off Amazon and customized it to pull the top off my JLU. All in I spent a hair under $250. It works great. I do have a concern that I might have to reposition it for removing the top from the gladiator but that's not a big deal..

41668714750_781324f1df_b.jpg

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
For myself, I bought a Racor lift off Amazon and customized it to pull the top off my JLU. All in I spent a hair under $250. It works great. I do have a concern that I might have to reposition it for removing the top from the gladiator but that's not a big deal..
I'm sure that is assuming the JT will appropriately fit in the garage :)
Sponsored