First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I finally got a chance to take the top off using the hoist I built for the Brute.
Now to figure out the windshield. It seems like I’ll have to take the wipers off to fold the windshield forward. There is no mention of dropping the windshield in the owner’s manual. Odd.

FF85B771-A0FD-451A-B7AB-6A901590C7CB.jpeg

7D6CDED1-91DD-4B8D-BA82-69169CE0F209.jpeg

CF826769-C6BE-4625-8BAE-06DB7A98DFD4.jpeg
Slick hoist set up you've got there.
Which seat covers do you have on the front seats?
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I have a Racor lift that I use for my JL hard top. For those who use the Racor for their Gladiator hard top, how do you do it?

OP
OP
Schlap

Schlap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition, 2015 JK, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 97 TJ Brute, 82 Scrambler
Slick hoist set up you've got there.
Which seat covers do you have on the front seats?
Those are Wet Okole neoprene covers. I tried to order the full set but they didn’t yet have a template for the back seat so they could only make the front seats. They need someone from CA to loan them a Gladiator so they can make a template for the back seat.
I ordered a set for my Brute a few years ago and was very satisfied. It has grey interior but tan seats and with those seat covers on them you can’t see any tan because they fit so perfectly.
They take about six weeks to get and they’re more expensive than store-bought seat covers but they fit perfectly and you can customize the design with a lot of color & pattern options.
I love them & recommend them highly.

Twizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have two questions:

1) I have roughly 15.5 inches between the JT's top and the garage roof, is that enough?

2) I have this concrete type coating/paint/something on the roof, what is it? I imagine there is still drywall behind there. Should I remove that stuff to expose the drywall before installing a hoist?

jeep2.png

jeep1.png

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I have two questions:

1) I have roughly 15.5 inches between the JT's top and the garage roof, is that enough?

2) I have this concrete type coating/paint/something on the roof, what is it? I imagine there is still drywall behind there. Should I remove that stuff to expose the drywall before installing a hoist?

jeep2.png

jeep1.png
It should work. You'll just need to make sure you put the hoist into the studs and you're set. Maybe add a few 2"x6' boards to make it easier to mount. You'll run into the issue I have with my hoist that if you aren't paying attention while walking around you'll bash your head into your hanging hard top.
Sponsored