Sponsored

Drove the Rubicon Gladiator for the second time and going to get one today!!!

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Your soft tonneau cover looks shiny, almost vinyl like while the one on mine is more like the soft top material....I like the one you got!!

Rack 3.jpg

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
That’s interesting did your come on the truck with the price on the sticker? The first gladiator I saw was just like yours and it was part of the order. Not sure why their different when you but it afterwards.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
That’s interesting did your come on the truck with the price on the sticker? The first gladiator I saw was just like yours and it was part of the order. Not sure why their different when you but it afterwards.
It came with the Jeep.....bedliner and tonneau cover show on sticker...

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey IceAge thanks for the video. From looking at the video and at the pictures you posted it looks like you can mount this without using the trail rail system. Is that correct?

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey IceAge thanks for the video. From looking at the video and at the pictures you posted it looks like you can mount this without using the trail rail system. Is that correct?
Yes the trail rail system has no interference and or does not need to be installed.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Yes the trail rail system has no interference and or does not need to be installed.
Good to know. Thanks. Now if we can just find out the same thing about the hard trifold tonneau cover.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Iron Wolfpack thanks for that post. I had also seen that picture and listing on the Mopar site. Would really like to see a picture of one of the hard trifold covers out in the wild, just like IceAge’s soft trifold cover.
I think the hard cover will be nice I have trucks with both and if your parking her in lousy areas then definitely get the hard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. Thanks. Now if we can just find out the same thing about the hard trifold tonneau cover.
My experience on my other trucks is you have to remove the rail since you install a rail to seal the hard surface.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Main reason I would go with a hard cover is security. That would then be the only lockable trunk area. And anyone with a knife can cut a soft cover open and then help themselves to the contents secured in the bed. A little harder to do with a hard folding tonneau cover.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Main reason I would go with a hard cover is security. That would then be the only lockable trunk area. And anyone with a knife can cut a soft cover open and then help themselves to the contents secured in the bed. A little harder to do with a hard folding tonneau cover.
For sure get a hardtop cover as you said mine won’t be exposed to that type of environment otherwise I would have a hard top.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
My experience on my other trucks is you have to remove the rail since you install a rail to seal the hard surface.
When and if I get a Gladiator I would for certain need to put a hard cover tonneau on it. I will wait to see inside and out installed pictures of the hard cover so I will know for a fact weather or not I would really have to have a trail rail system to mount it.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Worked out of mine today and what a blast lol. Everywhere you go your being watched and damn this rides so nice and opposite to my Wranglers. I feel like I am driving a really nice truck. And I am amazed she rides every bit as good as my 4Runner which the 4Runner was a very nice and stable ride. The 4Runner just ate up the bumps and had a feel of confidence on rough back roads which my Gladiator is feeling the same. I have driven her 175 miles today and will do some back roads that are dirt this evening and will have a really good comparison later.
D3820D79-B8F9-4A60-840A-81738D1BD3AB.jpeg

B2A3C48B-790A-426F-8ED5-1D843CA7407E.jpeg

2E981C0E-2752-40AD-9A9C-413A6959A5C5.jpeg
what about the vague "wandering" that solid axle and wranglers have?
Sponsored